Let's Talk

"The way I figured it, if He lives in me and He communicates through me (and to me) then we ought to talk, so I just started talking, and lo and behold, He spoke back."

HOW DO YOU come up with this stuff? Well, it’s Papa. Sometime in the last year or so, I started calling Him that. He likes it and besides, it’s in the Word. Romans 8:15. “Ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” Jesus called Him Abba, so, so do I (Mark 14:36). But you’ve got to get the image. Genesis 1, it says He hovered over the waters of the earth. That wasn’t a six-foot square. Papa hovered over THE ENTIRE EARTH’S WATERS. So He’s big. Really big. I picture Him as more 10’ or so. Although the truth is, He can be whatever size He wishes. He descended on Jesus as a dove. Not a literal dove but in that motion. In Acts 2, He was tongues of fire that sat upon each of them. In the Old Testament, He was a hand on the wall and the fourth man in the fire.

The way I figured it, if He lives in me and He communicates through me (and to me) then we ought to talk, so I just started talking, and lo and behold, He spoke back. Not to say how big He was. That’s my imagination. But to say, “I love you.” Or sometimes to speak for the Father. He has a nickname, too, and I’m not telling it to you. 😊 Or sometimes, to let Jesus talk. I don’t share this stuff often, but they all speak separately, and I can tell the difference, or sometimes they all speak together. I can tell that, too. Sometimes, they aren’t speaking English, but in the Spirit, and I get the sense of it.

It all comes through practice. That’s the point I’m making. If you’ll begin talking and become aware of Him, and listen intently and learn His voice, He gets louder and louder and clearer and clearer. Because Jesus sent the Spirit so that we could communicate effectively. He’s our conduit. He spoke to prophets in the Old Testament. He speaks to His children in the New Testament.

It’s like this—There is no way on God’s green earth that the devil will ever do more talking than God. Are you kidding me? Jesus defeated the devil, so he’d shut up for once. He made the way for us to speak to the Father, who sent Him to earth because He “so loved” so much, and He did that through the Holy Spirit. The power of the Spirit created the world. The breath of the Spirit made man a living soul. The glory of the Lord is the Spirit that raised men from the dead when He raised Jesus. It’s in the Word. Suddenly, people who were buried are walking around talking about God.

Nothing is impossible with God because of the power of the Holy Spirit. Every Word of God is filled with power because of the Spirit. And Jesus and the Father and the Spirit are in complete, perfect unity. Yet, they are individuals. And they are in every child of God. No one who accepts Jesus as Savior and Lord is left out, but we are made one with them. So I encourage you to talk. He’s listening. Most usually, He’s a still small voice, but did you know He writes music? And some of it is loud and fast. He loves worship. Loves, loves, loves it. But Papa can rap, too. And He writes poetry. (Hint: Song of Solomon and the Psalms).

There is nothing He cannot do, but there are things He sometimes will not do. He’s holy. He’s patient and joyful and meek and the greatest being in existence with the most self-control. People don’t think of that, the Holy Spirit with self-control. But one day, when all of Revelation has been fulfilled, He’s going to consume all the bad stuff and fill the earth with Himself. Nothing anywhere will lack His presence, and no death will survive it.

He’s seen it already. I tease Him. “Don’t look ahead, Papa,” and He laughs. He doesn’t have to look ahead. He is ahead, and this comforts me. Though things today look cray-cray, I can lean on Him and know He has control. I can pray and know He’ll give me the words. I can speak to Jesus and know that He hears. To the Father and know He loves me.

Whether He’s 10’ tall right now or just living inside me, I am never alone. He will never leave me or forsake me. Not because He’s power-hungry. He is power. That’s a different thing entirely. But because He likes talking to me, and this relationship is forever. I love Him, and He loves me. You can’t get any better than that. So no telling what I’ll write next. He’s in control of it, and I’m listening.

“And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” (Genesis 1:2)

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;” (John 14:16)

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)

“And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.” (Galatians 4:6)

Speech Balloon Image by DreamDigitalArtist from Pixabay


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments