The Report of the Lord


There is a church song I remember from my youth, one of those upbeat ditties penned in the 1980s. It goes something like this:

Whose report will you believe?
We will believe the report of the Lord.
Whose report will you believe?
We will believe the report of the Lord.
His report says I am healed.
His report says I am filled.
His report says I am free.
His report says victory!

Now, that I’ve gotten that tune ingrained in your thinking, if you know it, (it’s very catchy), the heart behind the song is the story of the Israelites in Numbers 13. Moses sent men into Canaan to spy out the land, but only Joshua and Caleb returned with confidence in God’s promise. God had said they would conquer the land, so in their eyes, they would conquer it! To them, it seemed cut-and-dried.

But others, who had also walked the land, saw only failure. “The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people THAT WE SAW in it are men of a great stature.”(Num 13:32) As a result of their words, the Israelites became deathly afraid. When presented with the choice of victory or defeat, they chose the report of their eyes, instead of the report of the Lord. A report with great evidence, I might add. They had crossed the Red Sea on dry land, after all, and watched their enemy drown.

Now, fast forward to this year and ask yourself whose report you believe. The doctor’s report? It says you have cancer, second stage. Your bank account? It looks like you’re dead broke. The media? According to them, there’s nothing to see here in these United States. In fact, watch their report too long and you will get depressed.

Those aren’t God’s report. His report says, “By whose stripes ye were healed.” (1Pe 2:24) His report says, He will give “exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.” (Eph 3:20) His report says, “[I will] hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2Chr 7:14)

He WILL do it.

Here’s the thing, though. We shouldn’t struggle to believe God’s report. Minister Bill Johnson said we should live a lifestyle where we “think His thoughts, speak His words, and it’s not a strain” to hear from God. In other words, God’s perspective should be our perspective and our reaction to any stresses we come up against should be automatically like God’s.

Speaking from a personal point of view, when businesses started to require masks and people started to withdraw from public, my first thought was how I’d already fought that battle and, through God, won it. Now, I’m not casting stones at anyone struggling with fear. The apostle Paul said not to eat food dedicated to idols if doing so offended the person you were dining with. (1Co 10:28) I want the other person to be comfortable and feel secure, above all else. But tell me I should be afraid to go to town and go into the grocery store and, honestly, I’ve already been there and done that, as the saying goes. I will not go back to being that tormented person. I’ve already read God’s report!

He is Emmanuel, God with me. I will not fear what man might do. I won't worry about my finances or about my health. I won't lose one minute of sleep dreading what could happen tomorrow. I know God’s desire for me too well to fall into that trap.

Minister Mario Murillo put it this way in a discussion on Flashpoint (The Victory Channel). Mike Lindell, the MyPillow founder, had given his testimony of deliverance from drugs and had spoken with incredible confidence about God’s work in our government. Minister Murillo said, “If you want to understand, Mike Lindell’s fire, it’s because he knows what he’s been saved from.”

I can only say I know exactly what he meant. I know what God has saved me from, and that experience changed my perspective forever.

God’s report says I am healed.
God’s report says I am filled.
God’s report says I am free.
God’s report says victory!

Image by AxxLC from Pixabay

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com

Comments