Eat What's Good For You


I had a revelation this morning. I saw myself eat a potato chip, and God asked me, "Why do you eat it?"

Because it tastes salty. It's crispy. That was my answer.

God then asked, "What if you changed your motivation for eating it?"

It was then I had the revelation. I can eat the chip because it pleases me externally. It's crispy and salty. It appeals to my flesh.

Or I could eat it because it holds a greater benefit for me. What if it tasted bland but would heal my body? What if it had nutritional benefit? Would I still eat it?

This is how we face the Word of God. We have to stop viewing it as pleasing to the eye, as a flavor on our tongue, and swallow it. We need to eat because it holds nutritional benefits.

Stop treating it like a potato chip. It is medicine.

"My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments ... It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. (Pr 3:1,8)

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."(Pr 4:20-22)

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." (Jas 4:3)

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." (1Jn 2:16)

Image by 41330 from Pixabay

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com

Don't miss this devotional! ----->>Jesus is coming!


Comments