Sir Mixed A Lot

"As Christians we're to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh."

THERE IS a subject closed off to me. Not in meaning. I know what it means, and that, in itself is why it cannot be discussed. Papa, the Holy Spirit, and Abba and Jesus trust me with it, How did I get into this position? I’ve considered this, and it brings comparison to others who are talking of it freely. The answer is, we are often deaf to Him. What looks good to us is not His heart, but we don’t heed Him. As Americans, we’re all about freedom of choice. As Christians, we’re to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh (Romans 13:14;James 1:14). We mix this up a lot.

This is another thing I’ve seen in the Jews. They are far more obedient than we are. We, the Gentile church. The “fullness of the Gentiles” has whitewashed the buildings, painting them in our modern thinking. Instead of considering the Jewish way of thought, which is like Jesus’ (He is Jew, being raised in their covenant, as well as Author of it), we don’t even bother to say maybe we are wrong about them. And in obedience we are. But obedience is why Israel exists today, is why they have survived war. Because with obedience comes reliance on God’s care for them. He promised they are His; He made covenant, so they obey, knowing He is merciful and faithful forever.

In our way of thinking, if it all goes good, God is faithful. If it doesn’t, He’s upset. In Jewish thought, whatever they come up against, He’s prepared them for, and He is their support. They are right, we aren’t. And this goes to our listening because we are “me first” and then go to God only “if that doesn’t work out.” We deny this, but now I circle back around to this thing I know but can’t discuss. God had a will in it. It was overridden by personal preference. Not sin. But not best either. And that’s where I leave it here.

We must surrender our will to Him and make Him, TREAT HIM AS LORD. When things upset us, we must know we are wrong and need revelation. When circumstances are at their best, or appear that way to us, we must stay humbled and hear Him. Both anger and abundance can remove our sensitivity to Him. And we begin to manufacture reasons why we’re in the “right place”. When we do that, God will go silent. We’re not listening and so until we seek Him, we won’t know. That’s the bottom line.

I never want to be where I think I’m right but I’m not. It’s a mature son and daughter of God who stays in pace with Him, and that’s so much more satisfying. So much more like heaven.


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments