![]() |
| "We must take Him at His Word." |
WE ARE full of questions. "Why, God, why?" is the biggest. Usually, as accusation. We're blaming God for not "fixing things" like we've pictured. What if we stopped asking and leaned on Him instead? Because our asking takes away from Him. It questions Truth, and suddenly, what we knew about Him is doubt.
There is a point where our trust in Him requires us to stand for Him, not knowing everything and having those unanswered questions. We must take Him at His Word. Covenant promise means He WILL do it. Jewish Covenant is proven. They live by His Values. One excellent Jewish speaker put it this way. The most important part of being Jews is having values to stand for, ones that never change.
I ask it this way: Why would a Jew still trust Hashem after the Holocaust? The answer is that they exist. Every Jew today is a miracle. I am a miracle. I remind myself of this a lot. Pastor Bill Johnson says to "go over the prophecies" given to you. For me, they aren't just prophecies but a stream of God's work in me. I have no doubt of His goodness and so no doubt in Him through questions. In fact, they now fall away, I turn them aside, and lean on His chest. Listen to His heartbeat, which says over and over again, "I love you."
----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me your thoughts on what I have written. God bless!