![]() |
| "I believe Him." |
GOD ANSWERS PRAYER. God does things without us praying. He adores our prayers and hears them before we speak them. He encourages us to pray and promises peace beyond understanding when we do. Prayer is conversation, so prayer is a good thing. All men everywhere should pray. Churches, synagogues, individuals. And prayer should be merciful, we lift it up on the behalf of others. God takes care of people who just aren’t in a good place with all their dealing with. Our prayers for them make a difference.
“Keep an open conversation with God and talk with him about everything,” (1 Thessalonians 5:17, Remedy)
Prayer isn’t war. We’re not in a war. Hebrews 2:14 tells us the devil has been destroyed, rendered useless. God is peace and patience and self-control. Our sword belongs to the Spirit and it isn’t a weapon we swing but the Word of God we speak (Ephesians 6:17). We speak the Word. God honors His Word, and our prayers change things. He is a God of covenant, a God of promise. I believe Him when He says it is done. But I didn’t have to be loud. I’m not a loud person. I don’t have to be long. I just ask, remind Him of His covenant promises, and then rest, knowing it’s done.
Prayer isn’t a time chart, and we must do x-amount of hours before He acts. Prayer is continual. I’m never NOT talking to God. I like what Smith Wigglesworth said, he never went 15 minutes without praying. Me too. And I appreciate pray-ers who gather together to seek God. That’s a beautiful thing. We are meant to lean on each other. Please just ask me to pray. But I’m not doing it until my mouth’s dry and my tongue’s wore out. There’s no need.
“Papa, can you help So-and-so?”
“It’s done.”
And I’m happy and my heart is full because He always keeps His Word. It comes down to how much you trust Him. Are you praying to convince yourself? Or to convince Him? He doesn’t need convincing – not to answer it, not to encourage you, and definitely not to be kind. Most of the time, we’re praying hard to believe in Him for the answer and shut off our heads. We just can’t see how it’s going to happen, and “it sure doesn’t look like it.” I always remember Abraham in that moment. I mean, he was too old to have a son, and his wife was beyond the years of childbearing, but GOD SAID. So he changed his name and believed.
God answers prayer. Any kind with even flimsy motives. But we’re better pray-ers when we’re not so carnal, not focused on television and doctor’s reports and what mama had at this age. We must know the Word, for it is Truth that sets us free. God hears desperate prayers, but He asks us to come closer, take His plan seriously, and trust Jesus with everything. No matter what it looks like we’re facing, He’s good enough, love enough, to take care of us. We have to stop crying out so much and being blind. He is wisdom and understanding in everything.
What God wants in prayer is a sincere heart. Our level of trust, He will deal with and show Himself strong as we need Him to. But our reliance is what we give Him and not our demands. Our ears open to His Voice, that tender whisper that says He’s enough.
Photo by Fa Barboza on Unsplash
----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me your thoughts on what I have written. God bless!