Him And Us

"because He is merciful"

THE HEART OF GOD is worship. The heart of people in churches should be to please Him. Instead, we’re really good at doing what we want and calling it His will. God is gentle and kind with all men and forgives our errors continually. I love this thought as said in the ISV of Psalm 103:3. He forgives us on a continual basis. Not just because we mess up again and again but because He is merciful.

He deserves all our worship. He deserves being first place in our services, the Voice behind our preaching, our small group classes, and our singing. Being honest, speaking for Him here, when we sing the same pattern of loud, fast songs, it becomes not Him and all us. We must slow down and soften.

The Holy Spirit is a person not a thing. He isn’t the anointing as an object or an electrical surge. We can speak to Him and hear Him reply. He is love, joy, and peace. Fruit. Galatians 5:22-23. These come from Him. They ARE Him. He speaks, and it’s Jesus talking or Abba talking. If you’ve never held conversation with Them, then I bless you with it. It’s lifechanging. But point is, given what They’ve done to create us, to make us able to live well on this planet, given Their salvation freely offered to any who’d believe, our gratitude should be higher.

Mine is foremost. It is the highest, most important thing in my heart, and that’s where I’m going to leave it. Above the writing, the speaking, the praying for others, more than my home life and my adoration for sweet Isabelle, super-dachshund, there’s thankfulness that the God of all, the G_d of Israel – and Israel knows how to rejoice! – loved me enough to have my freedom from destruction in Their loving hand for eons. Well before I was born, They saw me and spoke.

So daily, I’ll set down my taste, what I want to do, and follow their heart. It’s worth it.


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments