![]() |
| "deciding on our own" |
SOMETIMES you just have to stop. When I hit a brick wall emotionally or creatively, and for whatever reason, my brain feels fried or the solution just won’t come, regardless of deadlines, people pressure, the impossibilities right then, I will get up and stop working on it. I let it die entirely. There are things I’ve never finished, others that took me days, because I refuse to work under stress.
I have writing rules. Do’s and don’ts, most of which involve how I think. Knowing how I think keeps me from doing things certain ways. My brain just won’t “go there”. Make guesses, is one thing I can’t do. Information has to be spelled out for me as simple as possible. There is something to be said for that within the church. Most have gone the way of higher education and not being Spirit-led. Being frank, they can’t hear God for all man’s knowledge crowded in their head. Less is more.
With that, I’m back in my childhood realizing if I don’t watch scary stuff then I won’t be scared. And if we don’t “watch” the secular world’s mental reasonings, if we don’t spend all our time deciding on our own what God has said, then His Voice will be clear. So much is presented as “God said” when God didn’t and wouldn’t say it. Here, I’m back to the Gentiles and the Jews. We let our lack of understanding of Hebrew keep us from listening. Rather than hear through the Spirit, we shut our minds and prefer what’s always been said. About them. About us. But we are wrong, and that changes me entirely.
I don’t understand hanging onto what’s wrong. Especially when I see Truth. They are FULL of G_d, who is Jesus, and Adonai, and the Shepherd of Psalm 23. I’ve heard them say G_d is Father and King of Kings. We know Him as the Word made flesh. John 1:14. He is “the physical manifestation of the invisible God … He existed before anything, and it is he who holds all things together (Colossians 1:15,17, Remedy). They know to pray, they worship in their prayers, they rejoice in God’s goodness, and say continually, “He is with us.” They believe in miracles and return to the synagogue to tell of them and show gratitude.
We need to let our understanding die and instead pick up what God’s saying. Regardless of what we’ve been taught, what we’ve heard one million times in the pulpit, really, we don’t know anything. It has been what I refused to study that He has chosen to reveal to me. Because I don’t have a motive to use it for selfish benefit nor any other theories roaming around in my head that would cause me to not believe. God is looking for willing hearers, who without ambition or personal opinion will listen.
And the more we gain, the more He will give us. The more we misuse, on the other hand, the more which will fall away. Jesus’ words (Matthew 13:12). I have chosen to let Him be Lord AND Savior. Savior first, He forgave me of my sins and made my spirit new when I was saved, age nine. Lord, more recently, when I realized He is all I need, and He has willingly given Himself to me.
After all, I’m not dead. The doctor said I would be. Then God spoke.
----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me your thoughts on what I have written. God bless!