God's Point-Of-View

"I've decided to see His point-of-view."

WE ARE ALWAYS making a mountain out of a molehill. We take something insignificant and see it as unpassable.

I've decided with God nothing is impossible (Luke 1:37) and have realized my vision of this follows my thought choices. I've decided to be me. I like me. What others think only matters because I want them to feel at peace. Peace is yours to choose. But for me, if I stand in a crowd at a watermelon festival, I can not-eat and be happy. I can decide to not feel judged and let you eat your fill. I can choose to not listen to hate. Of people, in politics, of how some dress and talk and see life.

Criticism is only for the devil.

"You've got the wrong red suit on, there, buddy."

He's no threat to us anymore. Hebrews 2:14. When he tries to look like an angel of light (2 Corinthians 7:14), it's more of an, "Ooo, I can do that, too!" He's a cigarette. God’s the Sun (Malachi 4:2). We must know this and then know God made us and likes how we are. I have refused to play guess-what with Him. And He laughed because I'm right and He's wrong. (He gets the joke.) Give me a blank space and I'm supposed to think what goes there, and you get a dial tone. Anyone remember those? I mean, I need choices. And make them simple. A. Red. B. Blue.

What's helped me lately in facing my everydays is something the Jews say that explains a whole lot about why they overcome what life and history and enemy nations throw at them. And it plays here. In their thinking, since Hashem put them here, since He made them on this earth, then they can endure. GOD MADE THEM. As individuals. As a nation. In His covenant. They know 100% He keeps covenant. They know He hears prayer and answers it. And you can just be yourself when you talk to Him. Bring all your emotions, all your fears.

Meanwhile, in the Gentile world, for many, God is deaf and uncaring. “Maybe I will; maybe I won’t.” He’s distant. Silent. Or angry and judgmental. He’s not actual spoken words, He’s a nudge.

We don't see ourselves as His creation. Are you listening? We're made LIKE GOD (Genesis 1:26). And He proved human life is worth it. Minister Benny Hinn said Jesus gave honor to the human body when He took on human flesh (Hebrews 2:14-15). He showed us what God thought of His image in us (Genesis 1:26). How beautiful this is.

A man with no hands helped a man with one arm dress himself for prayer in Jewish tradition. And God smiled. We always choose our reaction. I've decided to see His point-of-view. Because this solves everything. Jewish dress is a beautiful thing. Island people praise is by far the happiest sound. And that heavy metal album which tells vividly the story of Exodus is close to God’s heart.

We can sleep poorly and still enjoy waffles. We can come home from a bad day at work and enjoy the sunset.

Does Jesus love that one, who is spewing hatred? Did He die for Caiaphas? Does He still love Judas?

Can we, now knowing Him, having His nature in us, do the same?

“And you did not receive the ‘spirit of religious duty,’ leading you back into the fear of never being good enough. But you have received the ‘Spirit of full acceptance,’ enfolding you into the family of God. And you will never feel orphaned, for as he rises up within us, our spirits join him in saying the words of tender affection, ‘Beloved Father!’ For the Holy Spirit makes God’s fatherhood real to us as he whispers into our innermost being, ‘You are God’s beloved child!’ And since we are his true children, we qualify to share all his treasures, for indeed, we are heirs of God himself. And since we are joined to Christ, we also inherit all that he is and all that he has.” (Romans 8:17, TPT)

Photo by Curated Lifestyle on Unsplash.


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments