Eternal

"Avraham Akinu. Our father Abraham."

FEAR cannot help you. Fear will not heal you. Jesus does that. Sometimes, I feel it pushing me one way or another. I have learned how to ignore it and choose Jesus. This is not something easily explained but a learned thing. That said, it is that I feel shoved toward one direction, but I plant my feet and lean into the Word. I often think of Abraham, an old man, with a wife well past childbearing years, yet He chose Hashem and even publicly changed His name (Genesis 17:8).

“What do you mean, G_d said you’ll have a son?”

Sarah, it says, laughed at the idea (Genesis 18:12), and thus came Isaac’s name, which means laughter. You don’t see how BIG this is. Because from him came a nation and a Savior, who is Christ. From him came His people (the Savior is King of Israel), who still dedicate their infants to the covenant. Everlasting covenant (Genesis 17:19), not an old one. A Jewish doctor who has done many bris (Jewish baby circumcisions) said these children were now in the covenant of Avraham Akinu. Our father Abraham. What do you think Jesus feels about that? I can tell you. He has tears in His eyes. What we’ve declared dead and gone, is, instead, eternal.

“And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.” (Genesis 17:19)

We must change our thinking. Abraham was not afraid. He knew who He believed. I know who I believe and that His will for me is always for my good. 100%. So when He asks me to let go of this or take hold of that, I ignore my mind and obey my heart. Often, it’s illogical, but He has that reputation. Look at the number of times He solved wars for His people without there being any fight. Physical wars and a supernatural one. He laid down His life and willingly died, and the war was over, without a battle, without an army, without a weapon.

And so He rules my heart. His love rules my heart. I choose to NOT GOSSIP and to SUPPORT those He has called into His servanthood. Whether I listen to their ministries or not. I will not declare them anything other than blessed. We are all lacking in some area. I have things I don’t like to study. I’ve laid them at Jesus’ feet and have chosen the Spirit. He is One with the Father and the Son. He is Their Presence. He is NOT fear. 2 Timothy 1:7.

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

The Spirit of God is Resurrection power, He raises dead spirits, dead souls (mind, will, and emotions), and dead bodies. He is love. He is soundness of mind, a mind without confusion or ignorance. He is these things because the Father is and Jesus is. They are united. And aware of our fears and are the strength to push past them into peace. For the end of all things They do is peace, including this old world. The end of the earth is renewal. Blessing. No more death. No more sorrow. Revelation 21:4. And it will not be violence and fear to get there. That is not who God is. And we are made like Him.

In His image. In His likeness. And now, through Christ, who is all of Them, forever sealed into covenant. Israel’s covenant is forever theirs. Our new covenant is written in Jesus, promising us their same salvation. Not based on our merits or efforts to be good enough, nor because they have failed to see Him. But based on the kindness of God, who would have none to perish. None to be afraid.

Photo by Karolina Grabowska at Unsplash.



----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments