All Around Us

"Jesus is us."

WHAT IS the mercy of God we assume is the wisdom of God. And thinking it’s the wisdom of God, we do the wrong thing. Oh, maybe not something life-altering. Tnen again, that is possible. God covers for us out of His abundant mercy. Most times, we don’t know it and so never make correction. He, in effect, blesses our wrong choice.

I hate thinking I’ve made the wrong choice. I mean, what if what He wanted is so much better? Said that way, it’s always better. Our loving God is more than enough. He is abundance.

So what do we do to prevent doing the wrong thing? How do we not get led astray? We are human. That must be accepted first. So we think like humans, we react like humans. I like to point this out when speaking about Jesus’ humanity. He was not born to Mary and Joseph having all His knowledge from being God eternal. He was a baby, who needed to be fed and changed. He learned to walk, learned to talk. There are a lot of years between birth and 30. We see Him, age 12, astounding the religious leaders in the temple in Jerusalem (Luke 12:47). We know, then, that the Spirit of the Father was at work in Him. But even when hanging on the cross, He lacked knowledge of many things that He knows fully now.

We are free to be ourselves with God. Several times, Jewish writers have said to come to prayer with all your emotions, all your fears, and just be honest. I’ve heard many in the Gentile church teach prayer as more religious, as if God is so very particular, in how we talk, how we dress, how we stand. He isn’t. I found this out in my darkest moment. He knew all I’ve ever said, thought, and done, and He loved me enough to heal me anyway. Singer Brandon Lake sings, “I'm learning He likes me / Even when I take a joke a little too far / Yeah, I'm learning He knows me, every hair on my head / Every story behind my scars.” (“The Jesus I Know Now”)

God laughs. He is lighthearted. Remember, He created us. We did not create Him. He understands our shortcomings. Jesus is us. He loved enough to die for those who hung Him there. And the Father lived His agony. Never doubt this.

But don’t settle for doing the wrong thing. Out of discontent, offense, fear, anger. We have emotions. We are to be led of the Spirit (Galatians 5:18). Too many preach life as suffering and God “helps us through it.” This is so far short of what Jesus obtained. He lives in us to help us be wise, to make right decisions. We must KNOW HIS VOICE and not assume we do. Because He speaks very clearly and His answers and instructions always bring peace.

Any arrogance is ours, usually relabeled authority. Any good results are of God’s mercy poured out to us unseen. I’ve decided to go higher, to see from His perspective and not make an arrogant choice in the first place. Alhough His mercy is all around me. My life is evidence of it.

Photo by JSB Co. for Unsplash


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments