To Love The Jews

"He is God of salvation to the Jews."

HOW IS IT the Word of God is full of prophecy about the Jews, World Wars, and the Holocaust, yet we’ve made THEM invisible and OURSELVES the ones at risk?

“Why, Suzanne, do you write so much about the Jews? Can’t we go back to Gentiley-Wentiley world? Like, let’s be American! Play the Star-Spangled Banner.”

Okay, let me go find blond, blue-eyed Jesus. Because He exists in the art world. And puffed-toad English version. No offense meant. And out-west-gonna-wrestle-me-a-cow Jesus. And “eyyyyyyyy” Jesus. I kinda like that one.

Instead, I’m stuck on one by MadCharcoal. I can’t post it here, but I’ll provide the link. Because when I saw it, the Spirit said, “It’s close.” And it’s one thing to have God who witnessed Jesus’ death say a man’s vision of it reminds Him of it.

https://www.instagram.com/mad.charcoal/p/DXXwdAGD-9q/
Josh Hernandez’ depiction of Jesus prepared for the cross.

This post is all about the Jews. Our Bible from Genesis to Revelation is Jewish. We are not. What we ARE is WRONG. And there’s a million ways in the Scriptures to show it. Our design of Jesus, our design of His church, our support of Israel. We support them while giving them the backwards wave. “I’m saved. You’re not.” And here’s where I hoist the Israeli flag and quote you endless Old Covenant verses.

Do you want the ones where God says they are His people? The ones where they lovingly included Gentiles into their faith? Ruth. Rahab. Because they are still doing that. Or just the ones you claim and stand on to sustain yours? Oh, I’ve got a good one to start with: Isaiah 60:12, the Knox Translation, says, “Every nation and Kingdom that refuses thee [Jerusalem] homage shall vanish away, whole provinces empty and forlorn."

I’m stuck there. God’s covenant to the Jews promises them their land forever and blesses it in every place. Blesses their lives on it. Promises their enemies will dissolve. Promises them salvation.

DO YOU HEAR ME? He is the God of salvation to the Jews.

“Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.” (Psalms 25:5)

“A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalms 27:1)

“Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.” (John 4:22)

“But, Suzanne, they have to de-Jew themselves and confess Jesus and build churches. The Old Covenant’s vanished away.”

No, we need to buy a tefillah. Those adorable fuzzy hats. I love those! WE NEED TO OPEN OUR EARS AND LISTEN. To the Jews. To the Spirit. To Jesus. They are His. He is them. I have honestly read more New Covenant truth in their words lately, have seen more God is Healer, through them lately, than in the church. A male of the family went to the Rebbe for a blessing. The Rebbe spoke one to him over his family member. Both knowing G_d (Hashem) will answer. And it was done. Mom was near death. Now, she isn’t. And no one laid hands on her.

While we’re afraid to have an altar call, their soldiers worship together.

You’re not watching the Jews. The Rebbe fights through the male crowd inside the synagogue, trying to walk forward. They have such great admiration for their “clergy”, to Gentilize it. And it’s overwhelming … until what I see is Jesus, the multitudes crowding Him forcing Him to go way out of town, to sit in a boat (Matthew 13:2). Suddenly, He’s hard to touch for the press, but if I’m determined … (Matthew 5:27-28).

I’m determined. Not just to love the Jews. That’s a done deal. They are awesome. Not only to love Jesus who is Jew. He asked Abraham to leave Ur. He promised Him a son. Then became one (Matthew 1:1). No, I’m determined to make you see Truth, to set down your church-conceived prejudices and be a Gentile, grateful to the Jews.

“Behind and underneath all this there is a holy, God-planted, God-tended root. If the primary root of the tree is holy, there’s bound to be some holy fruit. Some of the tree’s branches were pruned and you wild olive shoots were grafted in. Yet the fact that you are now fed by that rich and holy root gives you no cause to gloat over the pruned branches. Remember, you aren’t feeding the root; the root is feeding you.” (Romans 11:16-18 MSG)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments