The Whole Point

"The whole point of the Scriptures is God handles everything without violence."

THE WHOLE POINT of the Scriptures is God handles everything without violence. He handles all conflict with peace, joy, and love. These fruit now grow in us because we have Him living in us (Galatians 5:22). This is how we must see it. Not as a deposit He made and now He’s “way up in heaven.” But that He Himself is here, in us 24-7.

“The whole point of the Scriptures is God handles everything without violence.”

We make God inanimate all the time. The Spirit, the power of all things, is a dove, a move, the glory, a revival. No, He is a Person. He is Jesus IN YOU. He is IN HIS PEOPLE, the Jews, as a nation, as individuals.

Most don’t know this. But one Jewish writer said it this way, the temple was the place of God’s Presence, and His Presence is now in us. We are His temple. And this Truth came out of their study of the Torah, without reading the New Testament. Another referred to G_d as Shechinah in us, the Hebrew word for glory. And still another, as joy within. “Prayer is best made with joy,” he said. “God hears all prayer, but how much more it is with joy.”

We are grafted into their covenant (Romans 11:24). They know they have one. That God honors His promises to them. Our God of peace is first theirs. And He is not violent. Not angry, not fighting. To destroy sin and death, their Prince of Peace, Isaiah 9:6, who is our Jesus, obeyed unto death (Philippians 2:8) and so brought “on earth peace, good will toward men (Luke 2:14 ).” To end war.

There have been many physical wars. Jesus ended the spiritual war. .We’re not in a war against devils or the devil. He destroyed Satan, Hebrews 2:14. He destroyed the works of Satan, 1 John 3:8. He destroyed death, 2 Timothy 1:10. Jesus’ prophecy about physical wars applies primarily to the Jews. There have been rumors of wars, as He said. The Holocaust is the inference of this passage in Matthew 24. Also Matthew 11. It is inferred in John’s Revelation as well and fulfills a good portion of it. We’ve made these future tense and our suffering. They are. They aren’t. This thought must be understood in light of God’s nature. He gives warning of events so we have peace (1 Corinthians 14:3), so we know He’s in control. This has been omitted in the Gentile church.

So what are we to do? It’s as I’ve said to several. When what we believe is not God’s character, not how we know from the Scripture that He works, we must lay down what we’ve decided things will be and ask God to show us the Truth. If I read prophecy and feel fear, then because He isn’t fear (2 Timothy 1:7), I’m wrong and need His perspective. If it looks like God is violent, I know He isn’t, so I need revelation. There is such freedom in submitting my lack of knowledge to the Holy Spirit because He delights in showing me Truth. And even greater freedom in being able to deliberately choose to NOT UNDERSTAND when He just wants me to trust Him. I like that He knows me, and I don’t have to explain things. He loves me regardless of my misunderstandings. Jesus is Lord, Abba is Lord, the Spirit is Lord, and I am submitted to God.

Jesus paid the price to BE Lord. So that I’d have all I need, Romans 8. So I’d be spiritually minded, so I’d think like Him, react like Him. Jesus is Lord of my life, and in every circumstance, for every day of my life, I have live well and great peace.

“If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:7 TLB)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments