Better People

"We now see the world through His loving eyes."

YOU CAN’T SAY everything you want, nor everything that pops into your head. And don’t justify it with reasoning. Minister Bill Johnson said it this way, “Bitterness and jealousy always have a reason for itself.” My paraphrase. I would add, so does our criticism of others. Our self-defense. The fact we have a reason speaks of our carnal nature. By “carnal nature”, I refer to what feels good to our bodies and our minds. God wants us to “feel good,” but He also wants us to be godly. Like Him.

What we say should reflect our motive. God knows our motive. For our motive to be godly means we love the other man. People see Christ’s boldness in the gospels and use it as their own behavior’s defense. But Jesus died for those He spoke to, and we really don’t know how many of them, numerically, found Him as their Messiah because of it. I suspect the number of those saved from spiritual death is far, far larger than we allow. Because we are, again, judgmental.

I was placed in a situation where I could make no defense. I had to listen to criticism, to malicious talk, and say nothing. Think correctly. Our speech goes to our thoughts. To live as if your thoughts aren’t private is a sobering thing. Jesus sees our thoughts and knows our intent (Hebrews 4:12). We try not to think about this and so react like He doesn’t. We need to change. Grow up. Act like children of God who He’s changed. Who He’s pleased with.

He died to make us new, better people. We now see the world through His loving eyes.

Photo by Saeed Soltankhah on Unsplash


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments