I Am Not Reacting

"Fear is a lie."

FEAR IS LIKE chest pain, when you learn to recognize it. Like being hungry. Your stomach growls, your mouth is dry, you have physical symptoms along with mental thoughts about reacting to how you feel. Fear takes a physical form when it tries to affect you. It is more than thoughts. I always say my body and mind say one thing, my heart says another. Learning how it affects you is half the battle. The other half is not reacting. You ignore your hunger in order to fast or finish what you are doing. You ignore fear because it is a lie. Yeah, I feel it. No, I'm not reacting. Fear is like seeing an oasis, and you go toward it and discover it was not really there. Though that’s a backward analogy.

The devil loves to use fear to trick us. There is literally no reason to be afraid. I'm not saying you won't feel it rising. But go forward anyway. God has got your back. I quote the 23rd Psalm a lot instead of taking hold of fear, and I can feel the presence of God surround me, and at the same time, hear the devil fume in frustration. Use your scary voice, devil. I'm not afraid. I make him look stupid, dress him up in my thinking as a fool. Or go Bugs Bunny on him, and fire him in a cannon or something. It makes me laugh instead, and the Holy Spirit joins in. He is full of joy. Jesus is the most joyful King. The Father loves to laugh.

“And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.” (Psalms 35:9)

“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Philippians 4:4)

You know, I say this and feel like people don't believe me, but they love to talk to you. In a moment of fear, they are so close. Our issue in not hearing is awareness. We have to spend time with them to become more aware, and don't limit yourself to what you expect. They will speak in the most amazing ways. But NEVER AS FEAR. Never as condemnation (Romans 8:1).

Fear isn't worth my time. Not even when there seems to be a good reason. I know that I make wrong assumptions about situations often. And I know I don't know everything I need to in order to overcome what I’m facing. So I always assume there are truths I need and ask for wisdom and revelation of it, then I worship and build myself up in the Scriptures. I change my perspective to God’s. The fear always gives up, and a rational mind returns. Plus, the devil now looks like a postage stamp, headed for Kalamazoo (the fictional one). Just laugh at him and move on. God is bigger.

“The Law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart; the commandments of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever; the judgments of the LORD are true, being altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.” (Psalms 19:7-10, BSB)

Fight FEAR with music. Listen to my “FEAR NOT” YouTube playlist.

Image by freeillustrated from Pixabay


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments