Inside-Outside

"In His eyesight, we shrug off the mental battle and squeeze through the canyon pass, stone to our back, stone to our front, breathing paced."

WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN, keep your eyes on it, knowing it will rise again tomorrow. We get lost in our head, and suddenly, all of life’s out-of-balance and we’re headed to disaster. But tomorrow, when the sun comes up, it won’t seem that way at all.

Our mind is a petting zoo, and we’re wandering from cage to cage. We have to remember this. Many times, my head has been in a vat when my heart was secure. This is faith. My heart, my spirit man, relies upon God’s love for me and His faithfulness to me. My head requires printed proof. Most usually there isn’t any and fear creeps in to paint wayward pictures that only come to pass if we give into them.

Fear says the end is near. Faith says how it ends will be in your favor. But you don’t feel faith. It is knowing you are in a tight and narrow place in your head but in wide, open spaces in your heart. On the one hand, you feel the squeeze, on the other, you don’t. And for those who’ve never faced it, you have no idea what I’m saying. For those who have, you do. Standing at the edge and knowing without God you’re going to fall changes you forever. No one who’s been there wishes that upon you, but you simply can’t see it our way.

“Now, trust comes from our understanding with God, because he has demonstrated that he is trustworthy to fulfill what he has promised. And by trusting in him—the one who made the promises—we are confident of what we hope for, and are sure of what we do not yet see.” (Hebrews 11:1, Remedy)

God bridges the gap between us. He is our just balance. In His palm, we all weigh equal. In His eyesight, we shrug off the mental battle and squeeze through the canyon pass, stone to our back, stone to our front, breathing paced. I’ve even been in the pass and grown more confident because I recognized it. That’s half the battle, knowing where you are standing.

“Oh, right. Back there’s the enemy, swirling in my head is the enemy’s confusion, but God has me by the feet and the weight in my shoes is Him. I can do this.” Though from the outside, I might look odd, deep within down where God speaks, I’m okay.

“Therefore put on the complete armour of God, so that you may be able to stand your ground on the day of battle, and, having fought to the end, to remain victors on the field.” (Ephesians 6:13, Weymouth)

Image by Hans from Pixabay


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments