Those In The Room

"Their beautiful faces deserve Jesus."

Why aren’t WE the mission field? We hear so much in the church about missions to other countries, most of them more impoverished than us. Yet more and more, the ones needing Jesus seems to be me and you. There's a store near my parent's place that I routinely use, and so many who shop there have so little. Not just money but victory.

We're willing to travel around the world but not across the street. Where's the Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay for those being destroyed by the devil right here? I look at those people passing me in the aisle and whisper a prayer because chances are nobody's praying for them. Health issues, anxiety, poverty, troubled marriages, their beautiful faces deserve Jesus. In the gospels, the religious sector condemned Jesus for sharing a meal with sinners, but these were who He'd been sent to save.
“He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria.” (John 4:3-4)

And look at who sought Him for healing ... those who lived around Him. People from Galilee, Capernaum, Jerusalem, and all points north, south, east, and west. People followed Him everywhere, hearing healing could be gotten from Him. And He refused to turn them away, even to the point of physical exhaustion. Our light should be on the lampstand so those in the room with us can see. Jesus shone first to the Jews. I must shine to those in Polk County and seek the healing of hearts and minds in Polk County before I catapult myself elsewhere.

The apostle Paul made this comment about deacons in the church. If a man couldn't keep his family well, then he would not serve well in ministry either (1 Timothy 3:5). Our integrity starts at home. Can my parents count on me? Honoring them is the first commandment with a promise (Ephesians 6:2-3). How many have suffered at a young age because they treated their parents poorly? Can my daughter count on me? I’m here to tell you, “Yes. 100%.” As my parents have gone over-and-above for me, I will do the same for her and pass on to her, their generosity of heart.

But what else can God expect of me where He’s placed me to live and work? To be faithful over a little without expecting too much. And to see in the people around me, His heart for those He died for. Then if I prove trustworthy in His eyes, He will bless me with a greater work, but He will be in it. He will fund it, favor it, and fulfill it. His presence will fill it. It starts in the immediate, though. I can give toward the missions trip others are prepared for and pray for the store clerk who obviously needs Jesus.

“And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.” (Luke 19:17)

“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.” (John 17:9)

Image by Harish Sharma from Pixabay


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments