I am the temple.

"At all hours of the day, I recognize I'm the temple of God."

I AM THE TEMPLE of the Holy Ghost who dwells in me. Every child of God is God’s temple. Why aren’t we conscious of that? We see ourselves in the mirror and walk away and don’t remember what we looked like. (In my case, I have to ask how many days it has been since I actually looked in the mirror.) Man is a spirit being with a soul, living in a body. The body we feel – aches and pains, hunger, desire. The soul we are consumed by – anger, anxiety, fear, joy, laughter. The spirit we overlook, even in the church. We are told to walk in the Spirit, that being the Holy Spirit. The same chapter says to be led of the Spirit.

Do we do that? To do that makes us more conscious of our spirit. But to switch our focus from the mirror to the interior means making a deliberate choice of thought and action. We must change our thinking process, the order in which we think. Hearing God speak (through the Word, through men’s preaching, yes, but by this I mean hearing Him speak actual words to your heart) and being aware of His presence in you must become what we are seeking. Seek first God’s kingdom. These words are familiar but then we do nothing to follow through.

It isn’t only that we make more time for study of the Word. We MUST make more time for study of the Word. We must meditate on it, rolling it over in our thinking, until it becomes prevalent. I put it this way first to avoid a popular -ism. Church-speak would say it “drops into your heart,” by this meaning your spirit man. And that IS what happens. Whatever you study and determine to know, whatever you truly believe comes from what you put first.

We study the Word, but we do more than study, we worship the Word. Jesus is the Word. This is a must, time spent in worship. This connects us to the Spirit and is life changing. It is in worship that we learn to hear Him and come to know Him intimately. This word bugs people, but I know my family intimately, or we’d say, “we’re close.” A husband and wife know each other intimately. It isn’t just a sexual word but involves communication. Worship is God’s communication directly to your spirit man. It’s more than words. It’s not simply singing.

Worship is not a style of music nor a speed of music, but it is what lifts up God’s nature before us and reaches our hearts out for more of Him. We must recognize the anointing. There is music without words that has the Spirit’s anointing on it. There is music in many genres that is anointed by Him. He writes many, many styles. Worship is the attitude of our heart. We can worship with our own songs, singing and making melody in our hearts to the Lord, but the importance is, our focus is on God and spending time with Him.

In learning to worship, we learn awareness of Him. The more I become aware, the more I can feel Him with me at all points in the day. I am the temple of the Holy Spirit when I don’t feel Him at all. But in being aware of Him, there is an ability to better do what He desires of us. When we recognize Him, when our communication with Him becomes easy, when our first thought is what He is doing in us and not our next meal or what’s on TV, then our desires change, and we grow closer to Him.

In seeking, in finding, we don’t want other things. And in finding, in knowing Him, He can give us more of what we seek, more of what He desires to give us. We are not here simply to satisfy ourselves, but to satisfy Him. Too often, we ask God for stuff that we aren’t mature enough to receive. There is a benefit in giving up our will and choosing His, and that hunger for His righteousness comes from awareness of God’s presence. We should be able to ask Him a question and hear Him reply without six hours of pleading. One hour of pleading. When I speak to my daughter, she replies to me. Why do we expect to have to pull down the glory to hear from God? (I love the glory of God, but you get my point.)

I am the temple of God, and at all hours of the day, I recognize I’m the temple of God. There is no other option for me anymore. He is what makes me happy. He is what makes me wise. He is what “entertains” me, so to speak. The Scripture says to “seek the best gift.” We seek not the gift for the gift’s sake, but we seek the Spirit of God, who gives the gift as He wills, then because we have chosen to walk in the Spirit, to live in the Spirit, whenever we need to know something for any reason – in order to pray, in order to teach, in order to work, in order to travel, in order to lay hands on the sick, whatever God has given us to do, He fills the need for that person in that moment because we have become vessels He can use, minus our ego, minus impatience, and instead, we allow Him to use us, humbled that God, who is so great, would pour out His life into us and through us.

That was the glory of the temple, not in its finishings, although God designed it, so it was truly beautiful, but that it held God, the Giver of life, the Forgiver, and Wisdom for all men. I am His temple. I would know and recognize this every minute, every hour of the day, and be forever changed by it. By He who inhabits me and the love that placed Him there.

“And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.” (Exodus 33:11 KJV)

“And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.” (Acts 13:22 KJV)

“And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”
(James 2:23 KJV)

Image by 愚木混株 Cdd20 from Pixabay


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments