YES, YES, YES!

"Remember the sunrise always comes. The night always fades. The truth always wins."

DISAPPOINTMENT sucks the life out of everything. Our thoughts framed by hopelessness and words of pseudo-failure, we sink into an abyss it looks like we can't climb out of. Even finding the energy to fight it becomes difficult. And in that lies our choice. With the sorrow eating at us, we must make a choice. We can either sink even further into the enemy's lies, or we can reach up and take hold of God.

I choose God. With the devil laughing in my ears, with the memories replaying in my head, I look faith in the eyes and say YES. YES, God loves me. YES, God died for me. YES, He has set me above these things, in heavenly places. This hole is a figment, an illusion made of hate and anger and grief. God is real. JESUS IS REAL. The Holy Spirit really speaks to me, really brings comfort. The Word of God is true and sure and stable.

I heard a friend say, "Stop playing the video." Stop dwelling on what fell apart, on the people and events that seem to have put you where you are and FOCUS on what Jesus did instead. On what JESUS is. On WHO you are in Christ. Remember the sunrise always comes. The night always fades. The truth always wins.

Jesus told those crowded around Him to choose to see and choose to hear. They listened to the parables, but most didn't get them. Not because He was keeping back revelation but because they had to DECIDE to seek understanding. He isn't asking us to climb Mt. Everest. What looks too huge is doable in His strength, with His laughter and joy. The low places become steppingstones when we choose to climb. And in climbing we lean on Him and gain strength. Gain light.

God wants to give us the impossible. The devil wants to keep us from knowing it. From attaining it. Jesus won the war. He defeated the enemy. The battle for the blessing, for what looks too high and incredible, for what we think we don't deserve, is won when we decide it is ours. The disappointment can either be the end of the dream or a launching pad toward it. Because now, that STUPID enemy has exposed himself. We know where he's at and what he's saying.

We must CHOOSE to say goodbye to the fear and hello to abundant life. The valley is meant to be where we lie down and regain strength. God doesn't change. Hasn't changed. His desire for us is GOOD, and He has provided everything we need to grab hold of it, including even Himself. He is on the throne, but He is in the trenches with the sheep, seeking and saving and loving and lifting. Disappointment is meant to keep us from seeing it.

CHOOSE joy. CHOOSE to keep a forward motion. CHOOSE success. CHOOSE peace. And with God Word on your lips, refuse to back down.

“I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.” (Psalm 104:33-34)

“Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.” (Psalm 150:6)

Hands Photo by Photo Mix from Pixabay
Sky clouds Image by Taoyuetong from Pixabay



----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments