|"There comes a moment when the blood of Christ does all the talking."|
WE'RE IN A WAR IN THE SPIRIT, two kingdoms vying for the people Jesus died to save. It's been decided already, the victory given to the Light within us. But the dark refuses to submit, lives in denial of the loss, its every effort made to regain what cannot be recaptured.
We fly free, on wings like eagles, strong in the Spirit, yet despite this, at times find ourselves in the devil's crosshairs, chased by an inclement wind and a lot of rain. We quickly lose sight of the sunrise and make the storm we've been sucked into our own to fight.
But the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit go to bat for us. We're wavering, unsure, grounded, the earth split beneath our feet, scrambling for a toe hold that stretches ever wider into an abyss. Except in that moment, the unexplainable happens and we're propelled forward, over, instead.
There comes a moment when faith and patience become the promise. When the inches we were away are now in our reach, and nothing of us accomplished it. But instead, the war in our soul which the blood of Christ won now does all the talking.
This far and no more. With fire in their eyes and a sword in their hands, they do in seconds what we cannot. Elohim, Creator that worked in tandem to fashion this planet, works in unison again on our behalf. We can rely on it in our hour of peril. We can know that the edge is not the edge, the mountain not a mountain, but the whole of it, in God's doing, smoothed into a plain.
I have friends who cancer couldn't kill but God stepping in and said, ENOUGH. Where what seemed like a cry of desperation was actually faith, where what looked like giving up drew mercy on an epic scale. Not out of God's heightened frustration with mankind. But that He conquered this, so TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF, enemy.
The Conqueror enforced the conquering, and all we had to do was watch and see what the Lord has done. REJOICE! “Hear the shouts, hear the triumph songs in the camp of the saved? The hand of God has turned the tide! The hand of God is raised in victory! The hand of God has turned the tide!”
“I didn’t die. I lived! And now I’m telling the world what God did.” (Ps118 MSG)
We're standing now on the field, gazing at what remains of the slaughter. Not us, nor any of ours, not even where we thought we'd fallen. But the only evidence left around us is of death defeated again, eternity upheld, and the spoils of war ours to gather. And gather we must, for this time we've been given by God's might and strength, begs us to complete it, to take every second the enemy has stolen and breathe from it into the future where heaven awaits.
Not simply afterward when our eyes close for good, and this body becomes unneeded for our reward, but for those who've stopped flying, who can't see past the clouds the dark has tossed in their way. Our voice is their rescue. And for ourselves. For God did not save only because He can, but so that He could rejoice with us every single day, the sunlight on our face a reflection of all we are in His generous grace.
Ephesians 6:10-19 Weymouth
(10) In conclusion, strengthen yourselves in the Lord and in the power which His supreme might imparts.
(11) Put on the complete armour of God, so as to be able to stand firm against all the stratagems of the Devil.
(12) For ours is not a conflict with mere flesh and blood, but with the despotisms, the empires, the forces that control and govern this dark world--the spiritual hosts of evil arrayed against us in the heavenly warfare.
(13) Therefore put on the complete armour of God, so that you may be able to stand your ground on the day of battle, and, having fought to the end, to remain victors on the field.
(14) Stand therefore, first fastening round you the girdle of truth and putting on the breastplate of uprightness
(15) as well as the shoes of the Good News of peace-- a firm foundation for your feet.
(16) And besides all these take the great shield of faith, on which you will be able to quench all the flaming darts of the Wicked one;
(17) and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.
(18) Pray with unceasing prayer and entreaty on every fitting occasion in the Spirit, and be always on the alert to seize opportunities for doing so, with unwearied persistence and entreaty on behalf of all God's people,
(19) and ask on my behalf that words may be given to me so that, outspoken and fearless, I may make known the truths (hitherto kept secret) of the Good News
Suzanne D. Williams, Author