The Lord's Table

"Only the Lord would serve us while among thieves and wolves. And as our laughter spills overtop our plates, the vision of them fades into victory."

THE LORD SETS THE TABLE before us, a banquet of unending surprise, plenty on a scale unfathomable to us. THE LORD SITS AT THE TABLE to share it with us. He who is holy, who is righteousness, chooses to dine with those far beneath Him. THE LORD SERVES AT THE TABLE. He elevates us to His heights, to sit in His places, with Him, far above all principality and mite and dominion.

It is the Lord’s table, the Lord’s banquet, the Lord’s doing, and we are the Lord’s people, the Lord’s family, made to sit at the end of our journey, walked every day in His footsteps.

Not a moment we’ve lived has He not be there with us. When we lay in the pasture, when we drank at the waters, when we walked the path made righteous in Him. When we passed through the valley, no fear in our gazes. When we sat down, no worry over what was to eat or who breathed down our necks.

Only the Lord would serve us while among thieves and wolves. And as our laughter spills overtop our plates, the vision of them fades into victory.

The Lord anoints us to carry for His Word, unafraid of what follows, either resistance or the future. The Lord fills our cup until it overflows into the laps of another and another and another. He makes sure our coffers have more than enough. He is abundance like that, exceeding and over, and over again.

Then when we look behind us or before us for the life that we’ve lived what we see is not our missteps or our failures, not where we dipped and wavered, but where we stand. His goodness around us, secure and assured. His mercy beneath us, forever and forever and forevermore.

“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies” (Psalm 23:5)

SEE THE STAGES AGAIN:
  • I shall not want. His provision. My confidence.
  • I shall lie down. His rest. His peace of mind.
  • He has restored. His healing for body and soul.
  • He leads me. His righteousness, guiding me ever.
  • I shall not fear. His faith. His fearless Presence.
  • I am with you. His comfort. His protection falling over me.
  • He sets the table. His reward. His bounty. His joy.
  • He anoints my head. His glory. His honor. His priesthood.
  • My cup overflows. His generosity. His abundance. His vessel.
  • His goodness. His nature. His desire. His character.
  • His mercy. My rescue. My deliverance. My life.

Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments