Me and You and Him

"The Holy Spirit made you and wants to speak to you."

WHO DOES THE SPIRIT OF GOD want to speak to? You. Like the real you. I mean, yeah, there are rules and stuff. Fear of the Lord. Respect. Reverence. But did you know He is aware of all your likes and dislikes? He is aware you like to < insert hobby >.

Are you aware He actually … ON PURPOSE … created landscape painters and sketchbook artists? He gave some people a left foot and a right foot on the dance floor. He poured Himself into sports players, pianists, auto mechanics. He caused one man to invent 1 million ways to use the peanut.

I heard a story once about a man who needed to build a bridge but couldn’t figure out how. The whole project was on the edge of being shut down when the Holy Spirit gave him the idea he needed. In another story, a minister was building a church and refused to put up poles across the sanctuary to support the roof. The builder said it wasn’t possible. But the minister didn’t believe that. and so he pointed at the group gathered in the room and said, “One of you has the solution.” Turns out one of the construction workers knew how to get it done.

The Holy Spirit made you and wants to speak to you. But you have to make the time. And it would surprise you, but sometimes, He wants you to pray, and other times He wants you to worship; and I’ve found out that He writes all genres of music. There have been times, He was happy with my up-tempo choice. Okay. REALLY up-tempo.

He likes me to be me. If I’m silly, if I’m serious, if I’m 52 or 12, whatever age I’m acting, He loves me just the same. And the more I talk to Him, the more He talks to me and the more I understand Him. Kinda like when I spend time with my friends and family. I could order food for my husband blindfolded. I could tell you what my daughter enjoys, although it’d be in Japanese. Don’t ask.

My dad likes to do yardwork but has been forbidden this year. It’s too hot. My mom … well, sometimes we all quote our mothers, and I quote mine a lot. Point is, I know them because we’ve been together continually. Well, the Holy Spirit is in me and upon me. He is my very best friend, and why wouldn’t I talk to Him?

It started simple. I didn’t really listen too much for Him to speak back. Then, when He did, it began something that I won’t let go of. He’s as gentle as He is powerful. As loving and kind and funny as He is bold and well … Himself. And best part, He connects me to Abba, who will speak sometimes, too, and to Jesus as well. They love their family and gave an awful lot to connect us together.

We are to be united with each other. Me with you and us with the local church and the local church with the worldwide church. But it all begins in your prayer spot, in the shadow of His wings, abiding, there where you find yourself singing a song from your childhood and you hear Him reply the final strain.

(John 14:26 TPT) “But when the Father sends the Spirit of Holiness, the One like me who sets you free, he will teach you all things in my name. And he will inspire you to remember every word that I’ve told you.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14-15 TPT) “Someone living on an entirely human level rejects the revelations of God’s Spirit, for they make no sense to him. He can’t understand the revelations of the Spirit because they are only discovered by the illumination of the Spirit. (15) Those who live in the Spirit are able to carefully evaluate all things, and they are subject to the scrutiny of no one but God.”


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments