A Word from the Lord, Appealing to Kindness

"Love one another and seek truth. Without taking sides on issues that do not matter."

The Spirit of God spoke this to me in the wee hours of August 16, 2023.

PROVERBS:
  • There is a 1 Corinthians 7:9 and a 1 Corinthians 9:7. Both are meant to be read. Both are needed.
  • It is not the enemy's job to correct the church. It’s not the church’s job to be the enemy.
  • A husband does not make a good wife and a wife does not make a good husband. In other matters stand firm like a rock.
  • Can a student stop a school bus? It has happened. But the student learned what he knew from his father (mentor) and he took the wheel. He did not stand in front of it.
  • Discipline is correction meant to encourage, not debase. It places someone where they can make a change and encourages them to do it.
  • A man who weights his wife's shoulders can also kiss his wife's neck.

No one has ever been condemned into the kingdom. No one has ever had their faults put on display and chosen to follow the faultfinder. No one chooses the low road out of guilt and condemnation and says to themselves how wonderful the view is.

A person who is corrected will sometimes balk at first but will not turn aside if their heart is right. Only the Word knows the heart. Only God sees into the core and can separate one bit from another. Only He can mend. Only His love can heal. There is always a time for correction but unless He is given first place in it, the end result will falter.

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.” (1 John 4:18)

Love one another and seek truth. Without taking sides on issues that do not matter. And on those who do, seek God ... in private or in public, corporate prayer. But choose to refrain from taking the podium to pound your point in another's face. Public appeal is to create likemindedness, not to condemn or place another in hell. A man remains in the enemy's kingdom because he has not chosen mine. One does not send him there through accusation nor faultfinding. All this will produce is a visual reaction and the furthering of a refusal to come so I can forgive.

Your anger pushes me away from you, from others. Pour in the oil and the wine. Bind up their wounds. Come to me, all ye weary and heavy laden. I am come to give you Presence and there to bring fullness. I would rather sit with someone at their table and redeem them than stand them up and send them away.

“And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Mark 2:15-17)

“For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.” (1 Corinthians 9:19-22)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments