The New Me

"We are not two individuals anymore. Just as I cannot stop being related to my parents, I cannot stop being a child of God."

I WILL FOREVER BE THE DAUGHTER of Wayne and Becky Combee. They are my parents, and the genetic relationship we have cannot be undone. Jesus of Nazareth will forever be the son of Mary. His body was formed in her womb when the Holy Spirit overshadowed her. From that first combination of cells, He began to develop and grow until one night in Bethlehem, the City of David, He was born.

“Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” (Matthew 1:23)

Jesus is God with us because He is now God in us. He is God in me. But we are not two separate individuals anymore. Just as I cannot stop being related to my parents, I cannot stop being a child of God. When I accepted Him into my heart, when I confessed Him as Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit came to live in me and what I was as Suzanne D. Williams became entirely new. Not remodeled or refinished nor even redesigned but a whole new being.

  •  From Wikipedia, Zygote: “In humans and most other anisogamous organisms, a zygote is formed when an egg cell and sperm cell come together to create a new unique organism.”

When my daughter was born, her DNA did not have to unite. It did that when she was conceived. She was created because she is of me and of my husband. Who we are made who she is, but she was united as Ashley Williams at that first moment in utero and arrived on her birth date as complete genetically as she would ever be.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

The life of God created me as brand new being when I accepted salvation. I confessed with my mouth Jesus had died and had risen to life, and in that instant, I was united with Him. I became as one with God as I would ever be. Yet, just like infant Suzanne, who had to learn to eat and learn to walk, I needed to grow up. But even in my immaturity, I was part of Him and He was part of me, and that cannot be divided by any outside pressure. Although pressure comes, and I can give into it, the life of God in me enables me to overcome it successfully. His power in me because of my spiritual DNA enables me to say “no.”

When the Sower sowed the Word, He did not steal the Word from the wayside, that was Satan. He did not turn up the heat of the sun to stunt the Word’s growth, nor did He destroy the Seed’s endurance or cause cares to distract the Word from maturing. He did not choke the Word and cause unfruitfulness. His desire was for the Word to grow.

The Father loved me enough to plant the Word in me, so I choose to hold fast to it, in the face of pressures, and so I will bring forth an abundance of fruit. He is fruitful; therefore, I am fruitful. It is His life which makes me who I am now. I cannot be separated from His life. It is His Holy Spirit which lives in me, and He will never leave me nor forsake me. We are forever united, forever friends. He is forever my Comforter. Jesus is forever with me. And as long as I surrender to the Truth He’s placed in me, this new me He’s created will flourish and mature from glory to glory, ever changing, ever strengthening.

That newborn has potential, so much possibility, which can’t be seen in those first precious moments. But who he is as a human has been written in cement. Who I am with Christ in my heart is written in the Word of God, which is planted in me, and the Word of God is unalterable. Who I will be as I grow up is more than I could ask or think because God has His plan for my life held secure in His faithful hand.

“But the word of God grew and multiplied.” (Acts 12:24)

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1 Peter 1:23)

Photo, "Zygote" from Wikipedia

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments