Refuse To Turn Around

"Jesus is the way out of the suggestion of the enemy."

FEAR IS A LIE. It is a mental suggestion of what could happen based on parameters that are often false. The enemy takes what he sees around us and magnifies it. He uses natural errors and circumstances as opportunities for failure. We stubbed our toe. That was simply a circumstance in our walking. But he suggests it will become something larger. Perhaps it will fall off. He will use any lie to drag us into fear and keep us there.

We put a stop to it by recognizing it for what it is ... a lie ... and BY KNOWING THE TRUTH. The truth will set us free from the lie, and God is truth. JESUS IS TRUTH. He is the TRUTH about the Father, the WAY to the Father, and the LIFE of the Father. He is the TRUTH of what we are or are not seeing (fear is a sight problem), the WAY out of the suggestion of the enemy (God’s Word is truth), and the LIFE of God which enables us to face the lie, our heels dug in and to refuse to turn around.

I had an occasion for fear in the last year. The enemy actually thought I'd fall into fear late one night. He had the nerve to say I would not live until morning. I looked him in the eye and said SO WHAT. I have a secure future. God is FOR me and IN me and WITH me on this earth and I have heaven to gain. I had nothing to fear, and I woke up the next morning having slept all night.

The Word of God promises me sweet sleep and untroubled sleep. God says I will have no terrors at night. So, no thanks, enemy. What protected my mind and thus my heart was knowing what God says about that fear. But I knew it because I've already fought that battle and Christ in me won it. I refuse to open the door to fear. Are you kidding me? My God raises the dead! Even if the fear had gone that far, I will be like Abraham. My God will just have to resurrect me. I have a long life to live until I'm satisfied.

Now, I remember. If fear has been tearing at you, when I was weak, I needed "faith-filled" people. So here's my promise. I will be your backbone. If you need prayer, never hesitate to ask. Email me. You do not have to stand alone.

I hate fear. I will never go there again. No matter how outlandish the lie is, no matter what it looks like, even if I have no answers for the situation of the fear, even if I can see no further than the step immediately in front of me, with God's Word in my mouth, I will take it. And live.

“Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day.” (Psalm 91:5)

“Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come night thy dwelling.” (Psalm 91:9-10)

“The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” (Psalm 121:6-7)

“Securely thou shalt walk, with no fear of stumbling, fearlessly thou shalt lie down to rest, and enjoy untroubled sleep; let no sudden alarm affright thee, thou godless enemies press thee hard; the Lord will be at thy side, and keep thy feet clear of the snares they lay for thee.” (Proverbs 3:23-26 KNOX)

“In righteousness shalt thou be establish: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.” (Isaiah 54:14)

“For God hath not give us the (demonic) spirit of fear; but (the Holy Spirit) of power, and (the Holy Spirit) of love, and (the Holy Spirit) of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments