Little Ol' Me

"God made both extroverts and introverts, and all those in between, and He will not misunderstand you."

HE KNOWS the thoughts and intents of my heart. This is a good thing when I’m not actin’ right, as we’d say in the South. This is a good thing when I’m praying for someone or speaking my heart. Sometimes the words won’t form, and I fumble. Sometimes I say the wrong thing. But the sweet Holy Spirit knows what I meant. He understands me. What a huge relief that is!

Unlike some people, and despite my being known for writing words, I’m not so good with speech. More than once, my husband has said, “I know you don’t like talking, but …” and then he asks whatever he needs to know. I prefer silence. Silence you can’t mess up. Writing allows me to think about what I mean and to express it correctly. But there always comes a time when someone needs to hear my voice, and that’s where knowing God understands and will help me is invaluable.

Psalm 139:4 says, “For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.” Not one word is mistaken by Him. When I goof up, when I fall short, in the rare instance, I over speak, He forgives, He corrects, and He fills in the gaps. He makes sense of me. Sometimes with people, I need to explain, sometimes I need to apologize, and I don’t have a problem with saying I’m sorry, but with my wonderful Papa, I can be myself.

You can be yourself with Him. His love is so great. That is what it says in John 3:16. For God SO LOVED the world. Yes, we make errors in judgment and yes, we are immature at times and we misstep, but God made you to be you, and you don’t have to be anyone but who you are. He is Jehovah, the I Am, and the glory of the Lord which filled the temple. He is Savior and King of Kings. He is awe-inspiring, and we should treat Him with fear and reverence, but He is also Abba. He wants to talk to His children.

He made both extroverts and introverts, and all those in between, and He will not misunderstand you. When you speak to Him, if you can’t quite express yourself, He knows what you are trying to say. He honors your making the effort to say it. When we speak wrong, He will never condemn us, that is the devil, our loving God will convict. He is the gentle nudge which squeezes your heart, and you just know you need to repent. Then when you do repent, that lightness which comes is Him.

This has been said on repeat, we have left God to Sundays and special occasions, but He is with us at home in our easy chair, as we walk around the lake, as we speak to our children and grandparents. He is always with us. At work, when we’re trying to figure out the solution to a problem. Why not just ask Him for it? At the gas station when we bump into that person we haven’t seen in years, He will give us what to say.

He is always involved in our lives if we will let Him. And in letting Him, we can trust Him to know what we intended to say and to show us to others in the best light. He is there to take what looks like scattered pieces and make us shine. Where it’s a jumble in our eyes and ears, He pours in His anointing, and we can’t believe it turned out so good. We move from one glorious moment to the next, with the end result being secured. God is in us and with us and for us. And never, ever confused. How beautiful He is!

“Now, the ‘Lord’ I’m referring to is the Holy Spirit, and wherever he is Lord, there is freedom. We can all draw close to him with the veil removed from our faces. And with no veil we all become like mirrors who brightly reflect the glory of the Lord Jesus. We are being transfigured into his very image as we move from one brighter level of glory to another. And this glorious transfiguration comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” (2 Corinthians 3:17-18 TPT)

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments