Leave It There

"There are things only God can do, so let Him do them."

“I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!” (Psalm 91:2 AMPC)

DO WE? IF WE TRULY LEAN AND RELY ON HIM, then we expect Him to keep His Word. We roll our cares over onto Him, fully knowing that He will ease them. He will provide the solution. Too often, we say we rely on Him, but our expectation is low. “I rely on you, Lord, except I know I’ll have to carry this weight again tomorrow.” That isn’t what this verse says. He did not ask us to lay down our burden in order to take a breather and adjust our grip. He expected us to leave it there and walk away as if we never had the burden in the first place.

Our head, our body, argues with our heart. We argue with the Truth. We would lay the burden down, but we know when we do … if we do, our knee will still hurt, we’ll still have a headache, we still won’t know how to fix our circumstance.

There comes a point when we should say, “I don’t care.
I’m laying this down, and I’m not picking it up, and if that makes me look care-less or un-care-ing then so be it.” If people stare and can’t figure out why we’re so neglectful, after all, there’s still all this trouble swirling around us, we shrug it off. Oh well. So what.

“So what” saved me more than once. When the enemy wanted to drag me down, I said, “So what.” And left the weight of the problem in the Savior’s hands. I told the Holy Spirit how much I loved Him then said, “You have to fix this. I can’t.” It’s as simple as that.

There are things only God can do, so let Him do them
. Wave your hands at the problem. “I’m not dealing with you.” Then worship. Spend time in God’s presence. He fixes things inside us when we do that. We can’t see it, but in His presence, peace comes and the problem which seemed so large and so long fades into the past.

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
(Matthew 11:28)

“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
(1 Peter 5:7)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments