Believe The Word

"There is no comparison. What God says comes to pass. Every Word."

IF THE DEVIL SIDLED UP TO YOU and acted amiable, does he cease being the devil? If he has a smile on his face, does his motive change? If he made you a promise, would you expect him to keep it?

Then why do we rely on our Saviour, who died for us, far less than we do on the pain and the symptoms and the doctor's report?

The devil is not dependable. He is not faithful. He cannot tell the truth. His agenda has not changed since Jesus exposed it. He still seeks to steal, kill, and destroy.

In contrast, Jesus is the Truth. He will not lie to you. He is eternally committed to your good. He keeps covenant to 1,000 generations, and I would say yet even more, into eternity.

So when He said, "My peace I give to you," when He said, "I came in the power and authority of the Spirit of God to preach the gospel to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind. I came to set at liberty those who are bruised," why do we doubt Him?

There is no comparison. What God says comes to pass. Every word. What God promises, He will do. The work He's done for our salvation, He said He would do before the foundation of the world, and He followed through 100%.

He has a spotless rescue report. The only stain on it is the blood of Christ, and that blood tells a far more reliable story. When the MRI says one thing, and what God's Word says another. Believe the Word.

When your body screams at you about the pain, believe the Word. When your finances are strained, believe the Word. Because anything that doesn't bring hope is from the devil and he is lying to you again. Anything that spawns fear is Satan's minions speaking, and there is not one word they say that is worth repeating.

The Word says, "I will not die. I will live and declare the works of God.” The Word says, "No evil will befall me. No plague will come nigh my dwelling." The Word says, "The Lord preserves me from all evil. He preserves my soul." The Word says not to fear when the heat comes because you are a tree drawing nourishment from the river of God.

The Word says, "By His stripes ye were healed," and "I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health as soul prospers." Here is Truth. Here is reliability. Here is absolute. God said so, and I believe He will bring it to pass. Because the only "if" with God is "if" we will trust Him.

And I trust Him completely. Faced with the enemy or the Saviour, it's no contest. No matter what the circumstances look like, what people say, or that sly smile from a voice which seems to bring relief, Jesus has already proven Himself to me. The Father SO LOVED me. The Holy Spirit will never leave me. Which is something you cannot say about the devil.

Because when you say, "In Jesus' name, get thee behind me, Satan," he's out the door.

“For no word from God shall be void of power.” (Luke 1:37 ASV)

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments