Always Full - Finding Forgetfulness (Audio Teaching)

"I denied the opportunity its right to affect my life." ~ Suzanne, Finding Forgetfulness

WHEN THE WORD OF GOD SAYS to pull down strongholds in our mind, that pulling down requires our effort. We cast down imaginations that exalt themselves against the truth of God by taking the time to fill our mind with the truth. Jesus gave the example of a man who had been delivered from an unclean spirit, but that man didn’t bother to fill himself with God afterward, so what had left him returned with many more and he ended up even worse.

“(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

There is no such thing as an empty mind. It is always full of something, and what it is full of, is what we take the time to think about. I read the Word all day long. I pray constantly, without ceasing, as the Word instructs. I meditate on the Word; I mutter it to myself. I repeat it again and again in my speech and in my thinking. And here’s the thing – with enjoyment. I enjoy God’s Word. I enjoy His Presence. I enjoy speaking to Him. I love hearing Him answer.

But He has only become such an enjoyable part of my life because I made the effort. God held at your fingertips will remain God at a distance. God embraced will become your best friend. Here is faith for what I am believing for. My faith is in the God who SO LOVED me. I know Him and I trust Him.

Trust brings faith. Faithfulness brings trust, and God is so faithful. Faithfulness comes from the bearing of truth. Truth is who God is. I know He will never lie to me. I know He is faithful to do what He’s said. I know what He’s said is trustworthy. It will come to pass. And so I have faith.

In 2010, I spoke for a ladies’ Bible Study and gave a portion of my testimony and one of the most important steps toward my mental healing, how to forget. You can hear the full teaching at the link below. I pray it blesses you.

http://beckycombeeministries.com/finding_forgetfulness.mp3
Finding Forgetfulness | Suzanne D. Williams


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments