All I Need

"The battle can't be won unless He has hold of it, and He has hold of it, then it's won already."

The battle is the Lord’s. The battle is not Suzanne’s.

He died. He rose again. He triumphed over the enemy. But I stand victorious. I stand and keep standing and He wins my battle for me.

My part is the standing. My part is rolling all my cares on His shoulders. My part is placing my faith in His love for me, in His commitment to me. My part is listening when He speaks. My part is praying and speaking the Word.

But the battle, the battle is the Lord’s.

Suzanne cannot win the battle. I can stand there and scowl and look mean. I can spit and sputter and try to look tall and able, but the truth is, the only spine I have is His. The only Way out I have is in His footsteps. The only wisdom I have came from His Holy Spirit.

He is Alpha and Omega. He is beginning and the end. He is the first and the last. I am the flaccid middle, the “Dad bod.” If I was a Dad. He wears the crown. I polish it with my obedience. With my submission to His authority, to His success. I polish it with my praises, with my worship, and in my worship find the joy that He provides.

I can’t even do that part right. He gives me joy. I smile because He’s with me. I laugh because He cheers me up. In the midst of the battle, in the midst of what looks like disarray, He is organized and specific and detailed. His plan is exact. Mine is minutiae. Roll the minutiae up and stick it in a cannon. Blow it to the moon. All I need is Him.

All my self-effort works out exactly nothing. His effort has taken care of it all. He saw me before I was born. He called me when I was young. He blessed me in my youth, in my teens. He gifted me in my twenties. He healed me in my thirties, my forties, my fifties. And the future is His.

All of it.

Because the battle can’t be won unless He has hold of it, and if He has hold of it, then it’s won already.

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments