Rejoice!

"The God of heaven and earth DELIGHTS in us, ADORES us, and has closed the gap between us so that we can have a DAILY, MINUTE-BY-MINUTE conversation."

MY HEAD POURS OUT A LITANY OF COMPLAINTS that my heart does not accept. The devil in my ear amplifies his voice to be sure I can hear it. My mind adjusts the volume, not willing to listen. Back and forth, I go in this manner. Discouragement bites at me, yet my heart doesn’t take hold. Frustration grabs at me with slippery fingers, but I turn aside. No!

Something is fixed in me, something eternal, something which cannot be moved. Though the earth shake, and the mountains quake, and the sky should fall, I will not step back from the image God’s placed in my heart. It’s unerasable, unmeltable. It cannot be smudged or worn down. You can’t roll it up or bind it tight, nor cover it in any manner. There’s nothing on this earth that is able. Not one thing anywhere. No man, no words of man, no government disorder, no news story, no mislead propaganda, no wishy-washy religious speaker, no misguided saint. I’m not afraid. At all.

The Holy Spirit is my best friend. In Him, there is LAUGHTER. In Him, there is JOY. He is the JOY OF THE LORD. Jesus came to give us access to the Father through the Holy Spirit so that in our boldness to come before His throne, we’d share our days with Him.

He’d laugh. We’d laugh.
We’d rejoice. He’d rejoice.
He’d teach. We’d learn.
There’s no place for fear in that.

We are told to REJOICE in the Lord and AGAIN to REJOICE. To give THANKSGIVING. To think on things that have “ANY PRAISE.” Our faith is one of JOYFUL EXPECTATION. The God of heaven and earth DELIGHTS in us, ADORES us, and has closed the gap between us so that we can have a DAILY, MINUTE-BY-MINUTE conversation. So that our lives can be ABUNDANT and He can ENJOY it with us. We ask Him for our needs WITH JOY. We wait for the answer WITH JOY. We wait WITH HIM, and in my book, that’s the best part. I don’t want the answer without Him. I don’t want the waiting without Him, nor the asking.

He knows our frame, that we are but dust. He knows our uprising and downsitting. He understands our thoughts afar off. Because He became one of us. He hungered and thirsted. He slept. He was hot and cold at times. And He laughed. God is love. His love gives us JOY AND PEACE IN BELIEVING. He wants us to have a healthy thought-life, to make wise choices. He doesn’t want us to let our emotions rule us but created us to have them so that we could share them with Him. So that He could be more than just God to us. More than a powerful being “way up there.” More than the One we fall down and worship out of duty.

But that every single day, every minute of the day, He could be Father AND Friend.

“Jesus replied, ‘Loving me empowers you to obey my word. And my Father will love you so deeply that we will come to you and make you our dwelling place.’” (John 14:23 TPT)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments