Our True Reality

“Learn who God is, settle His image in your heart, then tell yourself any other picture of Him is your misunderstanding."

THE APOSTLE PAUL HAD HAD ONE OF THOSE DAYS. Surely this time, God will take the monkey off his back. So he begged. Again. Please, God, please, this problem to my ministry has become such a thorn. Now, we must understand the Word of God says plainly His problem was a “messenger of Satan” and not a sickness or disease. But don’t get hung up there, note God's reply. MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT. Sufficient. More than enough.

How much we need to be reminded of this. God knows your situation, and He has not forsaken you. He isn't "hands off" and letting you swim on your own. I picture Him sometimes during worship and have found the more I do this, the more real He is to me. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are with me, right here, and I can talk to them, laugh with them, and rejoice every small step into complete victory.

We spend too much time focused on earth, on how slowly it revolves around us and the mess it makes, and we lose sight of the image of God. Our earthly life becomes our reality when our true reality is found in Him. God is real, and the work of the enemy is a lie, a deception, an illusion, which must be denied any place in us. Whenever a thought enters my head that brings frustration or hopelessness, I know it is not God, and I say so. “That’s not me speaking.” I deny that thought the right to become a part of me, and I pin my hope and joy on the Truth. I refuse to back down from the good God desires for me.

This is what Paul had to do that day, and we see his life as extremely successful. Although he went through much trial to spread the gospel in ways we cannot fathom, He overcame these difficulties through the Spirit. In like manner, God in us is greater than anything we face, greater than any physical weakness, greater than any mental confusion, greater than any diagnosis, greater than any fear, any aggravation. He is greater than the lie tormenting you. He is ALL SUFFICIENT and the most loving, most kind, gentle, Father.

When we see Him that way, we will walk in faith right to the answer, take hold of it, and keep going.

“Or do you have contempt for the wealth of his kindness, forbearance, and patience, and yet do not know that God’s kindness (goodness, KJV) leads you to repentance?” (Romans 2:4 NET)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments