Jesus & Me

"We, me & God, make an awesome team."

THERE'S WAY TOO MANY PRONOUNS in the enemy's sentences. I, you, I, you. you. You. YOU.

How 'bout, WE? Although not we, me & the devil. Could be, we, me and people. Or how 'bout WE, Me & God. You don't want to think about that one, do ya, enemy?

WE, me & God, make an awesome team. He's strong 'cause I'm weak. He's alive so I would be. He's got all the energy and power and wisdom I'll ever need to live a satisfied life, a good life.

There's no me & you, defeated enemy. There's no "I" alone. I am, in fact, not alone. The God who made me alive will never leave me or forsake me, and that means I have the fullness of my salvation every single blessed beautiful day. Outstanding!

< Does happy dance. >

Inside me is a WE that can handle anything. Inside me, WE that will take out all those "I owe yous" the devil tries to speak in my ear. Problem for him is, they sound like a hiss, recognizable. And the shouts of joy in my heart, those are recognizable too.

'Cause they come on the heels of the Savior's voice. Yeah, He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, everyone else who is a member of His family can also know.

You just gotta tell the enemy to SHADDUP. Then turn your ears toward the east and watch the Sun rise with healing in His wings. And be one of those calves let out of the stall. Go gambol for a while.

'Cause greater is He who is in you. Greater are WE than he who is in the world.

“That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.” (John 17:21)

“You are from God, little children, and have conquered them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4 LEB)


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments