Everything


I DON'T NEED television programs. I don’t need the news cycle. With a few exceptions, I don’t read books. Just give me the Word of God and the Voice of God. Just give me Jesus.

You can keep the rest, all the worries and cares of the world, the speculations and fears. I’m not affected by it anymore. I’ve had an encounter. I’ve heard the Shepherd speak. I’ve seen Him in the pages of the Bible. I’ve felt His Presence as I worship, as I bow at His feet.

I know what He will do in my life, in the life of my family, in your life, in the life of this nation. Oh, maybe not the details. I don’t have the blueprints all mapped out, and frankly, I don’t ask for them. What I do have is His reassurance, His joy and confidence, His faith.

A few years ago, He began to share with me His will for the future. He revealed Himself in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The parables leapt out at me. The book of Romans became my salvation. Don’t misunderstand me. I’m just Suzanne D. Williams, anointed writer. I’m not a prophet. I’m not an intercessor, although I love to pray. I’m not called into any ministry office.

What I am is a daughter of God, a friend of the Holy Spirit, a soldier for the King, and because I sought His face, because I’ve laid down all I am and picked up His pen, because He is the most important thing to me, He speaks and tells me amazing things. But I am not alone in this. He’s forever speaking to His children. Most often, they aren’t listening.

What captures your attention? Do you make time for Him? Can you turn off all the noise, give up the things that hold you, and just sing His name? Can you lay down the trappings of life, and without lights or sound systems, see His face? Because I promise you, for every minute you give Him, for every prayer you breathe, He’s there waiting to answer, eager to do it.

And so here I sit, late at night again, nothing left of me anymore, my will laid at His feet. His strength and power, His sweet Spirit surrounding me. These quiet moments are everything, the pleasure of His company, my greatest strength.

Great are you, Lord.


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments