For A Memorial


"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work ... for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion." | Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address

Note, I woke up hearing the song “Arlington” by Trace Adkins. I encourage you to look it up. Holy Spirit knows every song, every book ever written. I also heard the above portion of the Gettysburg Address, exactly as it is printed. Holy Spirit gave me the Scriptures listed at the bottom of this post then the Father spoke. That it was the Father speaking is clear from the tone and references, although I could tell when I heard it. There isn’t a good way to explain this except to say I have heard each of them speak and they speak differently.

THE FATHER SAYS:
Did you think I did not know them? Did you think I do not remember? Are their names forgotten by me? Did one man or woman forsake home and land to give his life, her life, for another and I have not seen it?

My Son died for all. These all died for many. And I know them, their names, their callings, their lost potential. I know their motives, and it matters not to me why they went into battle, whether they were forced, or if their life was freely given. I honor their sacrifice.

All sacrifice across time for the sake of nation or the gospel is memorialized by me. This nation or any nation, for some have died in faraway places. I see them all, and I know them all. Not one name or face is hidden from me. Nor does their cause matter. Some died fighting for mis-beliefs. Some were sent in error. Some simply did as they were told. Others were fallen in lack of judgment. I do not judge their deaths with any measure. It matters not to me why they died nor how they died, except in their sacrifice. It is THAT they died in any measure as defense of a people or a nation. I see their sacrifice, and I will honor it with a memorial.

All of heaven will bow this day in honor of their sacrifice, and I will set a stone that shines red, white, and blue. And another in gold to honor those of foreign lands. These deaths matter to me, and I will have permanent remembrance of them.

This seems foreign to you. Why would Almighty God bother with fallen man? What of those who fell, unbelieving in Him? Yea, in their deaths, they did believe. These are things you know not of. Many have come to knowledge of the truth with death in their eyes, and I choose mercy for them because of their sacrifice. There is much you do not know of this, much I would tell you, but you would not hear.

See the Sacrifice for all and the sacrifice of many. See thirteen taken for a lost cause. Do you think I do not love them? Do you think I do not mourn their loss?

"Oh, God used them for an example," some say.

Yea, they are an example, but not as you think. My arm is not weakened where I cannot save, nor so I need some forbidden leader's sins to make my point. I do not choose to sacrifice not one soldier for my cause. I can do what I will do without it. Do not think otherwise. (Is 59:1)

But they are slain, and many, many, many before them across eons of time, both in uniform and out, who died for the defense of people they chose to serve. Many who died because of gender or culture they were born in. I see those too. Holocausts. Many costs. All people are known by me, and I will remember what they've done.

"What of these?" you ask. "What of their eternity?"

That is for me to know and you to find out. Until then know I am sufficient.

Know I am longsuffering and of tender mercies. Know I long to comfort the afflicted. I would give peace in place of war. But there is an enemy, and without battle, there is no victory. (Ps 120:7)

Many are called into battle, but few are chosen to sacrifice, and of those chosen, I forget not one. There will be wars and rumors of wars before the end comes but know this—I will give honor where it is due, and I require my people to do the same. (Mt 22:14; Mt 24:6; Rm 13:7)

Build ye kingdoms, build ye towers, erect capitals of lands, free the enslaved, destroy despots with my blessing, and honor the fallen, honor those who choose to serve. Honor those who died without choosing death, and know your God does the same.

I am God of eternity, the eternal God who reigns forever. Men have died, women have died, and their deaths cannot be undone, their loss to nations and peoples, to wives and husbands and families is astronomical. I have born their griefs and carried their sorrows. I have lifted off their burdens and bore them away. But they have died just the same, and it is our duty to memorialize it. (Is 53:4-5)

Still you question me. "What is the purpose of this? Are not these alive in some fashion, either in heaven or the pit? If you know their ending, then what do you care?"

I CARE AND THAT IS MY POINT. STAND UP, O HATEFUL MAN, O MOCKERS, AND STATE YOUR CASE TO ME. MOCK TO MY FACE AND NOT AS IF I AM NOT LISTENING. LIE TO ME AND FIND YOURSELF AS ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRRA who hid the truth for financial gain. THESE DEATHS, I WILL NOT HONOR BUT USE THEM FOR AN EXAMPLE. (Act 5:1-11)

Grieve not my Holy Spirit. He will not forget but knoweth the truth of all things, from smallest man, seemingly forgotten, to the highest in the land. A seat filled by a traitor who I will put on public display. You shall see it, not many days hence. And those who chose to support the lie that put him there. (Eph 4:30; 1Jn 3:20; 1Jn 4:6)

The mouth of the LORD, the unforgettable God, the God of all remembrance, speaks these things this 8th day in September 2021.

“And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” (Mt 19:29)

“And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.” (Ge 4:10)

“And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. 9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.” (Ex 13:8-9)

“And he put them on the shoulders of the ephod, that they should be stones for a memorial to the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses.”
(Ex 39:7)

Image by Monica Volpin from Pixabay

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com


Comments