The Heart of God


I sat in the waiting room with tears in my eyes, grateful for the mask I wore because, at least, it covered some of my emotions. Most of the people waiting to see a doctor were the older generation, which, more and more, I find myself drawn to. The woman beside me was somewhere in her 80s, seated with her nurse, and having a nice chat. She made a statement that made me smile despite my emotions.

“I haven’t been there since 1892.”

I suppose she meant 1982, but still, it made me laugh, and I needed that right then. The state of my own health was not the cause. I wasn’t really worried for me at all. Though I grow weary like anyone else, when forced to deal with things for long periods of time, I’m over being afraid. No, what had me choked up was the heart of God.

Ask to see God’s heart, and you will never be the same. I cannot look at people now without saying, “God loves him. God loves her.” Each person in that waiting room, nervously looking toward the nursing station, was someone God loves deeply and fully. Each one has a life story that is interesting to Him. He cares about where they were born, how they were raised, what struggles they’ve overcome, and His grace to them is as full and overwhelming as it is to me when I write these posts.

We’ve let our differences divide us. God asks we use His love to unite us. When Jesus died on the cross, He died for the Pharisee who put Him there, the thief hanging at His side, the centurions who cast lots for His robe, as well as His mother, Mary, and His disciple, John. He died for those who rejected Him AND those who accepted Him.

Another morning, lying in bed, the size of the mercy of God overcame me, and I wept and prayed for those in Hollywood and politics who have lost their way.

“Father, show mercy,” I said, over and over again. They are deserving of His peace and joy, too.

Yeah, if you stood me in their face, while they spewed hate, I’m not sure what I would say. Perhaps nothing. Perhaps, God loves you. But there it is again, Jesus died for them, and they are so hateful and tortured and, thinking of the end of things, of the world beyond death, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, please don’t let them die without salvation.

One prophetess, who had a glimpse of hell, said she saw Hitler there, and he’s the most tormented soul of all. Because the devil awards no one. The more “bad” you do, the more torment you earn.

Please, God, don’t let that man or that woman in the news go there.

I agree, there is a time to stand up for our Christianity, and this is that time. We must be a voice that says our rights to worship will not be taken away. We need men and women in government who have the heart of God in them. We need godly leaders from a city to a national level. We need godly doctors, godly lawyers, godly teachers, and godly auto mechanics. We must pray over what is happening and put our complete faith in God for the result.

But to be like Christ, to have the mind of Christ, spoken of in 1 Corinthians 2:16, we must show mercy. We must be filled with compassion for the hateful as well as the hurting and the needy. We must walk in the love of God for people who are stumbling around in the dark. We must commit to unity with those aren’t like us at all.

“For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:16)

I have two words from the Lord to share, one today, and one in a day or two. I’ve held onto them, unsure how to share them. Not until yesterday, sitting in the waiting room, did I have a glimpse. It is one thing to write and type whatever I need to say, it is another to include God’s heart in it, and that is my ultimate reason for posting anything.

God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – are our example of unity. They are three distinct individuals, yet they flow in perfection with each other. Their unity is the apostle Paul’s example of unity between Christ and the church, between believers, and between a husband and a wife. As they have unity, we are meant to show that same portrait, and know this, our idea of unity is sometimes still somewhat divisive. God bids us toward something only He can give. Only the One who died to save all can take of these broken pieces and make something new and beautiful. (Rms 12:5; 1Cor 12:20; Eph 4:13; Eph 5:25)

And that is the point. Only God.

On April 17, 2021, the Lord said, “A house divided will fall and come to desolation. I have not come to divide but to unify, and I WILL UNIFY. I will make of this nation, ONE NATION UNDER ONE GOD. Not divided hearts, united hearts.”

“I will gather the scattered pieces and I will change hearts. Unity of purpose. Not different hearts come into agreement. Not tolerant hearts, putting up with each other. Healed hearts. United hearts. Hearts in love with each other once more.”

“This has always been my way. I work to unify through shared love of a common thing. Of a nation. Of ONE GOD.”

“From sea to shining sea will be filled with me. No more division will there be, but unity you shall see.”

Amen. So be it. I will believe. Greater, I will commit to it.

I will pray for that irritating person instead of complaining. When pressed to speak, I will say only what the Holy Spirit gives me to say. I will talk like God and look like Jesus. I choose to show mercy EVEN IF the other person is my polar opposite. EVEN IF he or she has done something despicable. Because change the heart of someone and you change the situation, and God is in the heart-changing business. Where we’d rather tear down and replace (and sometimes, that is needed), God would do in that man or woman an amazing work. Think of Paul. He went from killing Christians to being their greatest apostle.

If we had a glimpse of heaven, if we could look there now, we’d see unity. It’s a perfect mix of people of all cultures from different decades of time worshipping God together. Like the church is supposed to be. Like this nation WILL BE. God has promised it, and I will not settle for anything else. The more impossible that seems, the more I know God will act, and it will happen.

Impossible never stopped Him. He saved a nation locked in slavery for hundreds of years. What they said couldn’t be done, what they had no faith for, He did anyway and did it in a way only He would do it with the enemy’s king and army drowned in the midst of a great sea, and all their wealth in His people’s grasp.

Unite us, Lord, and bring deliverance. Spread Your righteousness from east to west. Deliver this nation from wickedness despite the mess we’ve made and send Your glory in such abundance that we will never be the same. God, bless America. Bless her for the sake of all those who went on before, for those who died to make her free, to keep her free, for your nation, Israel’s, sake, and the sake of the gospel. Do it for believers, for prophets who have stood in place unflinching, for the remnant church.

Bless her for me, God. Would you do it for me? God, bless America because I love her. Give her back her liberty.

“I will, Suzanne. I will do it. Watch and see.”

Yes, Lord.

Image by Photo Mix from Pixabay


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com


Comments