The Last Word


I argued with the Lord. I wanted an uplifting message, a word about His goodness to men. A proverb about how wise and faithful He is. Or something about His will to heal the heart and the mind.

“Let me spread cheer,” I said.

Instead, I have days of writings about judgment. Twice, He’s spoken to me about caves. Yes, caves. And numerous times about battle movements. Every time, I ask for green pastures and still waters, I get, “You cannot hide from Me, saith the Lord.”

I’ve asked myself why many times. I’ve asked the Lord why many times, and I wake up, the next morning, with yet another strong word against evil.

“I refuse to take credit,” I told Him. They are His words not mine. Then I told Him, “I will not be a copycat.”

People’s perceptions being what they are, if I post some of what He’s said to me, it looks like I took it from someone else. I didn’t. I don’t read everything others prophesy. Too, it starts to look like I am this angry person, hissing judgment at the earth. I admit to yelling too much (a habit I’m continuously fighting) but honestly, I don’t look at things in the world and sing the Doom Song. (If you are not familiar with this, look it up on YouTube. It's the one by Gir.)

So, what do I do with so much “thus saith the Lord?” I don’t know yet. But I was drawn to two passages today. One is in 2 Kings 6. Elisha the prophet kept telling the king of Israel where the king of Syria was hiding his troops, and the king of Syria in his frustration wanted to know who the leak was. Who was telling Israel their battle positions?

“And at this, the mind of the king of Aram was greatly troubled, and he sent for his servants and said to them, Will you not make clear to me which of us is helping the king of Israel? And one of them said, Not one of us, my lord king; but Elisha, the prophet of Israel, gives the king of Israel news of the words you say even in your bedroom.” (2 Kings 6:11-12 BBE)

Caves being natural places of hiding, where men seek secrecy for other men, the Lord has made it abundantly clear, He sees everything. No deed done in darkness is out of His view. Unlike us, He sees just fine when the lights are out.

Psalm 139:12 says, “There is no such thing as darkness with you. The night, to you, is as bright as the day; there’s no difference between the two.” (TPT) Then we read in Hebrews 4:13, “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.”

Those make it pretty clear, but I want to add in the second passage from this morning’s study to make it concrete. These are the words of Jesus from John 3:19-20.

“And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.” (NLT)

Their sins ARE exposed. Maybe not to you and me, nor maybe in their entirety, and I will add the word “YET” here, but rest assured, God knows what was done, who was involved, what they said, and what they meant by it. Jesus is the Word, and the Word knows the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Heb 4:12)

Even greater, He isn’t sitting idly by “in a lawn chair,” as my mom once quipped, He’s WORKING. Our part is to have faith. Though the winds blow, though the rain falls, though the world mocks, we know Jehovah’s character, His desire for justice, MORE THAN we trust what men say, some of them the very men who think their deeds are hidden.

They aren’t. Take heed, unjust man, the Creator of the Universe, the Lord of the heavenly hosts, the power that raised the Son of God from the depths of hell in victory, knows every word you’ve said, and He will EXPOSE, XRAY, AND EXAMINE. He fully intends to SPEAK and REVEAL, and what He says will be loud and clear.

NEVER let yourself believe the devil gets the last word. Jesus proved that idea wrong for good.

“Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.” (Psalms 89:14)

Image by Pexels from Pixabay

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com


Comments