Sing With Me


The Lord has been singing to me for months. It started in June of 2020 when He sang, “Happy birthday to you, my nation. Happy birthday to you.” I heard it as clear as any other word He’s spoken. Since then, He’s adapted many other tunes, choosing His own words, or highlighting the words of the songwriter. He’s spoken the names of popular singers to bring to my mind songs they recorded, sometimes somewhat obscure. I wonder what they would think if they knew the God of the universe, the Almighty, knows every song they’ve ever sung and mentioned it to me.

He sang a song from “The Lion King.” He sang two songs made popular by Frank Sinatra, changing the words. He’s dug up choruses from the church that I haven’t thought of since I was a young girl. I’ve laughed and sung along, amused at His sense of humor as much as the appropriateness of each song. They are always timely, always incredibly memorable. I haven’t shared them with anyone really. They are between God and me.

This morning, however, He has a word for the church.

“Tell them, let me choose the music. You’ve spent too much time singing what you want to sing. Sing what I want to hear. Turn your music off and turn on mine. Let me write the words. I don’t care if you can carry a tune or not, in the natural. When your heart is in line with mine, the fragrance of song is beautiful to me.”

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall (1) humble themselves, and (2) pray, and (3) seek my face, and (4) turn from their wicked ways; then WILL I HEAR from heaven, and WILL FORGIVE their sin, and WILL HEAL their land. (2Chr 7:14) Your part is numbers 1 to 4. My part is to hear and forgive and heal. Then, when you do those four things, I WILL SING OVER YOU my songs of victory, of fruitfulness and abundance, and we will dance together. The lyrics are mine. Sing with me, dance with me, to the song I write and not your own.”

Lest you think He is only being beautifully symbolic. He isn’t. He made it clear He wants us to SING, and He brought to mind something my mom has done for years. Mom sings new words to the tune of “Mary Had A Little Lamb” all the time. My daughter teases her about it, she’s done it so much. Choose a tune from your heart and SING what words He gives you. SING in spite of your circumstances. SING and DECLARE God’s words over your life, over your children’s lives, even over your city, your state, and your nation.

“Now will I SING to my well-beloved A SONG of my beloved touching his vineyard.” (Isaiah 5:1 JUB)

“The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, HE WILL REJOICE OVER THEE with joy; he will rest in his love, HE WILL JOY OVER THEE WITH SINGING.” (Zephaniah 3:17 KJV)

“SING, O BARREN, thou that didst not bear; BREAK FORTH INTO SINGING, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child…” (Isaiah 54:1 KJV)

He says, “SING over America and KEEP SINGING.” He sang “God Bless America” to me. He sang Lee Greenwood’s song, “Proud To Be An American,” to me. Make these your declaration. No word God speaks through you comes back void but accomplishes what He sent it out to do. (Is 55:11)

SING and DON’T STOP SINGING. God’s listening.

“Start spreading the news / I’m moving today. / And here’s the heart of it / New times. New age.”
“Start spreading the news / I’m here to stay. / Come be a part of my / New work. New ways.”
“And I will meet you there. You’ll see me everywhere. Together we will do new things!” (To the tune of “New York, New York”)

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com


Comments