I'm Listening

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."  (Lk 2:19)

Best thing I've done was starting a prayer journal. It is profitable to me to meditate on what I've learned.
But here's the thing, I don't share everything. Most of it is between me and God.

What if Mary told everything she knew about Jesus anytime someone came near? The people would have laughed her to scorn. She had the perfect son. Just think about that. He was sinless, never disobeyed, never backtalked. (Heb 4:15)

"Did you hear what Mary said? I mean, she's nice and all, but her son is no saint. No way he's better than my Ebenezer."

Except He was, and He owed His revealing to Israel to His mother's quietness.
She treasured in her heart the Word of God spoken to her and called on Him to perform His first miracle because she knew He was able.

"His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it." (Jn 2:5)

I always say, "Write it down and Pray about it." God will let you know if it's something you should share, but most of the time, He simply wants to know that you're listening.

 ----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com  



 


 

Comments