Pick Up Your Sword

On May 27, 2020, during the early morning hours, the Holy Spirit spoke a word to me that I did not understand fully. He said, "It's a sword, not a dagger." 

I knew this referred to the words in Ephesians 6:17, which describes the Word of God as a sword wielded against the enemy. But the meaning of it with the Holy Spirit's words escaped me.

Last evening (8/28/2020), Lana Vawser, a prophet that I respect, released a word from the Lord directed specifically toward the United States. I cannot reprint it here, but you will find it on her social media accounts.

In it, she said, "Lay down your knives and pick up your swords. Beware of the knives of poisonous words, offenses, bitterness and hatred." 

I knew instantly this was what the Holy Spirit had said to me. The Word of God is a sword against the enemy. It is not a knife or dagger to be used against people. This is the heart of my book, THE PASSIONATE CHURCH.

We do not fight people. We are fighting principalities, powers, rulers of darkness in this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:12) 

We must stay full of the Word of God, and by this, I mean reading it daily and putting its message to love our neighbor, to love our enemy, to pray for all men, into practice. We are to DO GOOD.

Many have said this is a critical hour, and it is. The Lord wants His church to walk in forgiveness, to unite as one body, and to seek Him for godly leadership in this nation. There is no place and there is no time to indulge in criticism.

I see it everywhere, someone calling out a minister who they feel is in the wrong. They criticize him or her on social media. They give his or her books a 1-star review. They even cite Scripture, as if that justifies it.

That is not our job! We are not the judge of any man or woman, and as soon as we feel it is our "duty" to judge, we need to wake up and repent. (Lk 6:37) 

Trust me. This is something I've had to practice for myself. 

Being compassionate, walking in love for others despite our emotions, humbling ourselves under God's hand, and being in submission to His Word, allows Him to use us. These are keys to being strong in the Lord. These are how we bring the kingdom of God to earth.

We have a lot to lose in the next few months and even more to gain.

 

Visit the blog for sales links.

 


 ----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com 

Comments