The Meditation of my Heart

Note: I have limited myself to posting once a month, but would like to share the thoughts the Holy Spirit lays on my heart more frequently. I post them on social media and feel they would benefit others by being in a more permanent location. Below is once such thought. If you enjoy these short quips, let me know with either a comment on the blog or by replying to the email in your inbox. God bless!



How much time do you spend reading your Bible?

Something a friend said sparked this question in me. I am an author, but I'd rather my readers spent MORE TIME in the Word of God than reading fiction. The Word of God will change you; fiction will not.

Count up your time for a few days. What gets most of your interest? 90% of what's on the internet can be (should be) ignored. 99% of what's on TV should be passed by. Most fiction isn't worth 5 cents.

What we read and hear is what is in us during a crisis, and what's in us is what will come out. Quoting your favorite romance novel or TV show will not encourage you in the midst of an storm. Or on a calm sunny day either.  

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. (Ps 19:14)

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. (Mt 15:18)

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. (Lk 16:45)

 ----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
www.suzannedwilliams.com 

Comments