My Daughter Shall Prophesy

Image by A. Debus from Pixabay


I have been thinking about parent's prayers for their children. This is an area where I've not been so eloquent. I realized the words of the prophet Joel, quoted by Peter say:

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy..." 

This makes an excellent prayer, "My daughter shall prophesy." 

But this morning, I woke up hearing other words from Peter.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

The promise of the gift of the Holy Ghost is for our children. God will pour out His Holy Spirit upon our children. 

Amen, Lord. I believe it. We call them back from the world's influence into the Holy Spirit's influence. Our sons and daughters will prophesy!

References: Acts 2:17, 38-39

Comments