Unique, Marvelous Me

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Ps 139:14)

There is no one like me. No one with my quirks and eccentricities. No one who reacts to pressure the way I do. No one who leaps at the joys that most excite me.

No one who remembers what I remember in the way I remember it. My lemonade bedroom, with its pink and yellow plaid curtains. The scary oak leaves that scratched on the glass at night and kept me awake. The trips to my grandmother’s house, the stories we shared, the chocolate bars, the giggles. No one laid under the Christmas tree, the way I did, and imagined the ornaments came to life.


Suzanne D. Williams, Author

There’s no one who attended classes at school exactly the same way I did. Oh, others were there, but they didn’t ride my bus and follow my schedule, trace my footsteps each day. No one held the same jobs I had in the same order for the same length of time. No one wore my wedding dress and walked the aisle in my shoes, nor became a mom to a beautiful daughter on the day, the hour, in the place I did.

I am unique, what makes me happy is totally mine. What upsets me, that’s mine, too, and in God’s eyes, everything that makes up “me” is marvelous.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalms 51:10)

I am also a work in progress. Every day that passes, every week, every month, every year, I struggle less with the things that used to trip me up. “Christ in me” is ever at work to clean out the junk and fill those wasted places with His presence, His wisdom. (Gal 2:20)

This gives me hope – that what bothers me today will be less tomorrow and even less the day after that. That, eventually, it won’t bother me at all. I will get angry less. I won’t give into frustration so often. I will pray more, praise continually, and become the best “me” possible.

Unique, marvelous me.

Yes, it is God who is working in you. He helps you want to do what pleases him, and he gives you the power to do it. (Php 2:13 ERV)

I don’t walk through life alone. When I fail, I don’t have to stay in that place of defeat. God loves and cherishes, He delights in, what He’s created. He delights in mercy. He gives grace for grace. (Pr 3:12; Mic 7:18; Jn 1:16) He helps me grow stronger, think purer, act kinder. To rejoice in my peculiarities as wonderful and precious. To overcome those that aren’t.

I’m not alone either. When God created Adam and Eve, Abraham and Sarah, King David, the apostle John … Every man or woman that has lived on this earth is just as rare and one-of-a-kind. He designed tall people and short people, people with blonde hair, red hair, small feet. He created Asians, Argentinians, and Aleutians. He made her love music, him excel at art. Jane enjoys cooking, James adores fast cars.


Suzanne D. Williams, Author

He made football fans, baseball players, Marines, fishermen, financial experts, real estate professionals, drama teachers, auto repairmen, fashion designers, sales clerks, boat captains. For all the careers and interests in the world, the things I like, the things I don’t, God has someone who fits right in, a life that’s not like mine. But totally perfect for them.

I don’t have to understand it. I should never judge it. I should always pray they’ll be the best at it. And wear my heart on my sleeve in gratitude that He made me – me. The daughter of a Bible teacher and a water department manager, sister to a mechanical engineer, granddaughter to a music minister, and a couple who sold vegetables. Me, a girl who writes books, love dachshunds, and takes pictures.

How marvelous is that?

----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.feelgoodromance.com
https://sdwauthor.blogspot.com/

Comments