What's On God's Heart

"Instead, we must direct ourselves to what is on His heart, and this includes in our worship and praise."

GIVE ME ANY 3 objects, and I can write an opening paragraph. This has been both a blessing and a curse, as the saying goes. There are times where in writing what lays on God’s heart, my ability outstrips His pace. I seek to write in the Spirit, not in the flesh. This thought is a bit clouded for some. What exactly does that mean? Well, like I know my husband’s voice, I know God’s. I want to write what I hear Him say in my spirit man and not what is floating in my head. I may know many truths from the Scriptures but knowing them does not mean they are what He is choosing to say.

Stories go on rabbit trails. Character Sue is trying to speak to her sister, Barbara, about their mother, but in penning their thoughts and dialogue, often, there are many routes to get there. One may have them in a restaurant eating quiche and sharing sisterly thoughts. The other has them at odds, unable to talk at all. This same thing happens when you get lost in what’s on your mind, rather than writing the subject on God’s heart. He does not always say what I am expecting. More than once, I’ve stopped and asked Him, “Where is this going?” Most usually, His answer is the rest of the sentence.

Writing allows more time for listening than someone speaking in a pulpit, but anointed speakers run into the same thing. Just because you know the subject or it’s related, does not mean it needs to be included. Instead, we must direct ourselves to what is on His heart, and this includes in our worship and praise. Where we tend to get louder and faster as we go along, often, He wants to be heard instead of the noise. We must make a point to hold ourselves back and align our will with His.

God is merciful and of great forgiveness. He never condemns us for making mistakes but is gentle in His correction. So there is no fear of messing up. I’ve gotten off-track many times and had to do what Minister Bill Johnson said about following the Spirit. When you realize you’ve taken a wrong turn, go back to where you know you heard Him. You will see what distracted you and can get back in place.

I know that I know what I post for you to read is what He wanted to say because nothing else is pleasing to me. I’m not here to promote myself, even if some promotion is needed at times. I’m here to put your eyes back on Jesus, so that you tune in to His Spirit and speak boldly to the Father, who sent Him to be the Way to do so. He is my everything. I want Him to be yours, and then we can share our joy in Him together, encouraging and uplifting each other, in prayer, in praise, in print.

“That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” (1 John 1:3)

Photo by Joyce Hankins on Unsplash


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments