Because He Carried It - A Confession

"The cruelty He suffered, I don't have to suffer because He carried it for me."

HE WAS THREATENED, so I don’t have to listen to threats, either from people nor demonic powers. He was mocked, so I don’t have to hear mocking, either from people or demonic powers. He was harassed, mentally and emotionally and physically, so I don’t have to take in harassment in any form. He was chastised, condemned, and given no peace, so I don’t ever have to be without justice or peace. He endured mental oppression, so I don’t have to endure mental oppression. He was under such pressure that He sweat great drops of blood, so I never have to bear that kind of weight. He felt great grief and sorrow, so I don’t have to grieve or sorrow.

The cruelty He suffered, I don’t have to suffer because He carried it for me.


On His brow was a crown of thorns, so I don’t have to bear the weight of pain or distress encircling my head, either internally from headaches and nerve or muscle movements, nor externally from any injury or bruising. On His torn and bruised shoulder was the weight of the cross, so I don’t have to tolerate any affliction of the neck or shoulder. His back was wounded to the point of extreme pain, His spine and spinal column wounded, his skin removed by His lashing, so I don’t have to tolerate any injury of the back, spine, or any muscles, tendons, or bones. His organs were “poured out like water”, so I don’t have to tolerate any internal sickness, disease, or injury of the internal organs. This includes the digestive system, the renal system, the kidneys and liver, and any other internal tissue. He endured that for me.

His side was pierced, and blood and water flowed, so I don’t have to tolerate any injury of the blood system or anything that affects my water weight or hydration. He struggled to breathe while hanging on the cross, so I don’t have to struggle to breathe in any manner. All disease of the lungs cannot linger and cause me any abnormal breathing. His hands were pierced, the bones broken, so I don’t have to have any injury of the hands or wrists. He bore great weight on his arms and felt great weakness, so I don’t have to have any pain or discomfort or injury of the arms or elbows. He was injured in the legs, wearied from walking and standing, forced to push His weight upward to breathe, so I don’t have to have any injuries of the legs, knees, or ankles. His feet were pierced, the bones crushed, so I don’t have to have any injury of the feet or foot bones.

He was beaten in the face by those who hated Him, so I don’t have to tolerate any injury of the face, either muscular or in my eyesight or cheekbones, lips and mouth, tongue, or any other portion of my face. He heard the hissing of the crowd, the jeers and laughter of those who hung Him there, so I don’t have to have any injuries to my hearing nor listen to any ringing sounds such as tinnitus nor have any other diseases or injuries that would afflict my full range of hearing.

Jesus Christ endured every form of mental and physical pain when He laid His life down for me. He did this willingly, so that I could be healed, delivered, and set free of all sickness, disease, injury, or mental or spiritual oppression. Though He was guilty of nothing, He was condemned to die and from what He endured, in the Garden of Gethsemane, to the religious council and judgment hall, during His scourging (by His wounds I am healed), to His walk to Golgotha and the agony of crucifixion, whether mental, emotional, physical, or spiritual, I am today, (insert date), made whole. I do not have to suffer what He suffered for me.

“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.” (Isaiah 53:3)

“Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.” (Isaiah 53:4-5 AMPC)

Image by Milos Duskic from Pixabay



----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments