Thank You.

"For this sunshine I am grateful."

I’VE CROSSED THE BOULEVARD, dodging school traffic, parents honking horns, drivers irate swinging their fists through the open windows. Run through at rush hour, ten million cars lined up to turn left at the light and every other one bent on making it home pronto, asap, but there’s me in my sneakers, my shoes untied, tripping amongst them. And the light changed, and the cars switched patterns, but the threat was still real. The sidewalk an oasis, I thought I’d reached a dozen times, only to realize I was still pushing and dragging this frame across the pavement.

For this sunshine, I am grateful. For this breath, even more than that. For these feelings, this gratitude, I must cast my eyes upward to heaven where the light in me is the light from Him. And the traffic fades, the noise of engines dying away, in favor of my heartbeat, which I can finally hear.

“This is the day which the LORD hath made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalms 118:24)

Photo by Zoe Schaeffer on Unsplash


----------
Suzanne D. Williams, Author
www.suzannedwilliams.com
www.feelgoodromance.com

Comments